R 211410Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/2019 EXCEPTIONAL SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE VICTIM ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER//
POC/R. FRANKLIN/CIV/UNIT: MFB/-/TEL: 703-432-9708/EMAIL: ROBERT.FRANKLIN@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the winner of the 2nd Annual Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) Exceptional Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Victim Advocate (VA) of the Year Award.
2. Background. Across the Marine Corps, more than 1,300 uniformed and civilian SAPR VAs stand ready 24/7/365 to support and advocate for those who experience sexual assault. The HQMC Exceptional SAPR VA of the Year Award recognizes an outstanding SAPR VA who supports the program’s overall services and prevention efforts with energy, conviction, and commitment.
3. Congratulations to Sgt Charity Moorhous from Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune on being selected as the 2019 winner of the Exceptional SAPR VA of the Year Award.
4. Sgt Moorhous has been a SAPR VA since 2017. In February 2019, Sgt Moorhous asked her command to send her on Temporary Additional Duty to the Camp Lejeune SAPR office to serve full time as a SAPR VA. During an extended period of extreme shortage of SAPR personnel, she made significant contributions to the program. Her creativity, knowledge, and passion for sexual assault prevention work increased the visibility of the SAPR Program and improved the services provided to individuals who need support.
5. All nominees are commended for their outstanding service and commitment to the SAPR Program.
6. The winner and other nominees will be featured on marines.mil, Marine Corps Community Services Forward, and official Marine Corps social media.
7. This MARADMIN is cancelled 1 September 2020.
8. Release authorized by M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//