R 221513Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY 2020 ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMBAT MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS FOR THE FIRST AND SECOND QUARTER//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20/YMD: 20190927//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC RAP/YMD: 20191004//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/191450ZDEC16//
NARR/REF A, MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (SHORT TITLE: ENLPROMMAN). REF B, FISCAL YEAR 2020 1ST AND 2ND QUARTER MERITORIOUS COMBAT PROMOTIONALLOCATIONS FOR MARCENT. REF C, RESERVE COMPONENT COMBAT MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS FOR 1ST AND 2ND QUARTER OF FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY20). REF D, MARADMIN 663/16, THE EXEMPTION TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS.//
POC/LINDSAY D. PERRY/GYSGT/CMC MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9711/EMAIL: LINDSAY.PERRY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. Policy established in accordance with references (a) through (d) enables commanders to recognize outstanding leadership on the battlefield with combat meritorious promotions.
2. Background. This message provides amplification and clarification to the references and provides all combat meritorious promotion allocations to the Commander, U.S. Marine Central Command (COMUSMARCENT) for enlisted Marines within the active and reserve components. COMUSMARCENT may apportion allocations to deserving units or by fair share and nominate Marines for meritorious promotion.
3. Reference (a) established policy that authorizes commanding generals to award combat meritorious promotions to active duty Marines in the grades of private through corporal in numbers that do not exceed quarterly meritorious promotion allocations. Therefore, commanding generals are authorized to award combat meritorious promotions to private first class through sergeant, within the quotas assigned by CMC (MPP-20 and RAP). In the case of sergeant and staff sergeant, commanding generals will submit to CMC (MMPR-2),by naval correspondence, recommendations for combat meritorious promotions to staff sergeant and gunnery sergeant. Marines already selected for the next grade by a regular promotion board are still eligible for meritorious promotion to that grade. This program is in addition to the non-combat meritorious promotion program.
4. Commanders will prepare certificates of appointment in accordance with reference (a).
5. The meritorious promotion allocations for first and second quarter are:
Rank Act. Alloc Res. Alloc Min Time in Service
Private First Class Unlimited Unlimited None
Lance Corporal 1 0 None
Corporal 6 0 6 mos
Sergeant 2 0 18 mos
Staff Sergeant 1 0 4 yrs
Gunnery Sergeant 0 0 6 yrs
5.a. Nominations for sergeant and staff sergeants must be submitted to the CMC (MMPR-2) via naval correspondence to include the following:
Rank Name EDIPI MCC/Unit Date of Rank
5.b. Allocations for active component Marines are applicable to all active reserve component.
5.c. Promotions to private first class through gunnery sergeant may be effective in any month between October 2019 and March 2020. The date of rank will be the 2nd day of the month in which the promotion is awarded. The effective date for pay and allowances will be the date signed by the promotion authority and will be released by CMC (MMPR-2).
5.d. TIG requirements are waived in the case of meritorious promotions but TIS requirements are mandatory. TIS requirements are as of the effective date of promotion.
5.e. Certificates of appointment for combat meritorious promotions will include "(combat meritorious)". For example, a warrant should read "I do appoint this Marine a sergeant (combat meritorious)".
5.f. Authority to effect SNCO promotions will be transmitted via naval correspondence.
5.g. Unused allocations will not be carried over into the third and fourth quarter of FY 2020.
6. For enlisted promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9718 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: email@example.com. Click on Compatibility View Settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This maradmin will be posted to the promotion branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "Manpower Management (MM)", "Promotion Branch", then "Enlisted Promotions". From there click on "Message Traffic", then "SNCO Messages", then click on the Meritorious tab.
7. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//