R 261850Z NOV 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY20 FUNDED LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM (FLEP), EXCESS LEAVE PROGRAM (ELP) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1560.19E W/CH 1//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1520.9G W/CH 1//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/MCO 1300.8//
REF/E/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 484/19//
NARR/REF A IS SECNAVINST 1520.7F, LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM.
REF B IS MCO 1560.19E W/CH 1 (ADVANCED DEGREE PROGRAM). REF C IS MCO 1520.9G W/CH 1 (SEP). REF D IS MCO 1300.8 (PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY MANUAL). REF E IS MARADMIN 484/19-FY20 FUNDED LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM (FLEP) EXCESS LEAVE PROGRAM (ELP) SELECTION BOARD.//
POC/L. M. GONNELLA/MAJ/GRADUATE EDUCATION MANAGER/MMOA-3/USMC TEL: (703)784-9285/DSN 278-9285/EMAIL: LEAH.GONNELLA@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. D. GAUVIN/CAPT/HQMC CDSP/-/TEL: 703-693-8405/DSN 223-8405 EMAIL: ANGELISSA.SAVINO@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the results of the Funded Law Education Program, Excess Leave Program Selection Boards.
2. Primaries selected to participate in the FLEP and ELP are listed below:
Name PMOS MCC Program
Snyder Melissa D. 7208 1XG FLEP
Adams Carter D. 0207 JAL FLEP
Choman Joshua G. 0602 19D ELP
George Thomas M. 1803 19F ELP
3. Alternate selected for FLEP and ELP is listed below:
Name PMOS MCC
Collins Diane D. 0102 15S
4. Officers must agree not to tender resignation or request retirement while enrolled in their respective programs. Officers must further agree to remain on active duty after completion of degree requirements or upon separation from the program for any other reason. Service obligations incurred are listed below:
Program Year(s) Remarks
FLEP 2 For each year of study
ELP 1 For each year of study
5. Selected officers must contact the Graduate Education Manager, MMOA-3 and their PMOS Monitor to confirm acceptance of this assignment via email NLT 29 November 2019. Officers declining acceptance must route their request through the first General Officer in their Chain of Command.
6. Selections are contingent upon acceptance to an accredited law school NLT 1 April 2020. All law school acceptance letters need to be scanned and emailed to the Graduate Education Manager, MMOA-3 at SMBMANPOWEROFFICERPR@USMC.MIL. Final law school selection will be made by HQMC, Judge Advocate Division (JAD) and fleet up action will be taken if necessary. Report dates and orders will be coordinated with the graduate education manger, MMOA-3 after 1 April 2020.
7. Upon reporting to an assigned administrative unit, officers will coordinate fitness report and accountability procedures. Officers will always maintain a full time student status. If a student anticipates not meeting program requirements, notify this headquarters immediately.
8. Officers selected or participating in ELP may continue to apply for FLEP in subsequent years given they meet the requirements of the FLEP.
9. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
10. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//