R 031545Z DEC 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC CD WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2020 FIELD MUSIC LEADERSHIP BILLET VACANCIES FOR NECESSARY MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY (NMOS) 5519, 5521, AND 5523//
REF/A/DOC/NAVMC 1200.1D/YMD: 20180510//
REF/B/DOC/NAVMC 3500.28C/YMD: 20180813//
NARR/REF A IS THE MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY MANUAL. REF B IS THE MUSIC TRAINING AND READINESS MANUAL. REF C IS THE OFFICIAL MILITARY PERSONNEL FILE (OMPF) PHOTOPGRAPH GUIDANCE//
POC/WILSON, DAVID J./MSGT/HQMC CD MARINE CORPS FIELD MUSIC/703-614-4577/DAVID.J.WILSON4@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces Marine Corps Field Music leadership billet vacancies for Necessary Military Occupational Specialty (NMOS) 5519 Enlisted Conductor, 5521 Drum Major, and 5523 Instrument Repair Technician. This message is provided as a planning tool for commands to nominate Marines for selection.
2. The prerequisites and requirements for the aforementioned billets are listed in reference (a) and (b).
3. All nomination packages will consist of at least one letter of recommendation from a Band Officer (5502), or acting Band Officer, and at least one letter of recommendation from a Bandmaster (5517), or acting Bandmaster.
4. Nomination packages for 5523 Instrument Repair Technician must also include at least one letter of recommendation from an Instrument Repair Technician (5523).
5. Letters of recommendation must address the nominee’s ability to meet the specific technical performance and leadership requirements listed in reference (a) and (b).
6. In accordance with reference (a), all nominees must submit a photograph for the nomination package to be considered complete.
7. All nominations will be submitted to Communication Directorate, Marine Corps Field Music no later than 2359 EST 15 January 2020. A selection panel will convene to determine the most qualified applicants to be selected.
8. Release authorized by Brigadier General Sean M. Salene, Director of Communication.//