R 201712Z DEC 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2020 RESERVE AFFAIRS/4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING AVIATION RETENTION ROADSHOW//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20190215//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/RA/YMD: 20181018//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040R.35/YMD: 20110502//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/MCO P1326.6/YMD: 20190219//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/NAVMC 1200.1E/YMD: 20190329//
REF/F/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20190215//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS MCO 1001.52K MARINE CORPS ACTIVE RESERVE PROGRAM ORDER. REFERENCE (B) IS MARADMIN 588/18 ENLISTED MARINE ACCESSION PROCESS INTO THE ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) PROGRAM. REFERENCE (C) IS MCO 1040R.35 MARINE CORPS RESERVE CAREER RETENTION AND DEVELOPMENT MANUAL. REFERENCE (D) IS MCO P1326.6 SCREENMAN. REFERENCE (E) IS NAVMC 1200.1E MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES MANUAL. REFERENCE (F) IS MCO 1900.16 CH 2 MARINE CORPS SEPARATION AND RETIREMENT MANUAL.//
POC/S. P. DILLON/MAJ/4THMAW G-3/TEL: (504) 697-7527/EMAIL: SEAN.P.DILLON@USMC.MIL//
POC/E. L. REDMON/MAJ/ACTIVE RESERVE CAPTAIN AND MAJOR AVIATION MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0530/EMAIL: ERYN.REDMON@USMC.MIL//
POC/S. B. SIMMONS/MAJ/ACTIVE TO RESERVE TRANSITION OIC/TEL: (703) 784-9746/E-MAIL: STEPHEN.B.SIMMONS@USMC.MIL//
POC/E. S. GULBRANSON/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE ENLISTED AVIATION MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0527/EMAIL: ERIC.GULBRANSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Situation. Marines, specifically Naval Aviators and maintainers, are leaving the Active Component (AC) to pursue employment with the civilian airlines. Reserve Affairs Personnel Management (RAM) and 4th Marine Aircraft Wing (MAW) seek to inform Marines on career opportunities within Marine Corps Reserve Aviation with intent to retain Naval Aviators and maintainers within the Total Force.
2. Mission. During January 2020, a Reserve Affairs/4th MAW Retention Team will visit designated locations within 2d and 3rd MAW areas of operation in order to inform Marines of opportunities within the Marine Corps Reserve. Emphasis will be made encouraging Marines to stay on active duty and information shared on the many opportunities offered within the Reserve Component (RC) for those that have decided or are thinking about leaving the AC. All Marines, regardless of rank or MOS, are encouraged to attend in order to ensure Marines and leadership are informed on RC career opportunities.
a. Intent. Provide briefs at the Squadron and Group levels with critical information as it pertains to RC career opportunities with focus on, but not exclusive to, Marine Corps Aviation.
b. Concept of Operations. The Reserve Affairs/4th MAW Retention Team will consist of an AR Aviation monitor, Reserve Transition representatives, and 4th MAW representatives. The Reserve Affairs/4th MAW Retention Team will conduct a short brief at each Marine Aircraft Group (MAG) and Squadron within 2d and 3rd MAWs.
c. Coordinating Instructions
(1) Reserve Affairs/4th MAW Retention Team visit schedule (read in three columns):
Location Dates Host Unit
MCAS Miramar 9-10 Jan MAG-11/16
MCAS Yuma 13 Jan MAG-13
MCAS Pendleton 14-15 Jan MAG-39
MCAS Cherry Point 28 Jan MAG-14
MCAS New River 28-29 Jan MAG-26/29
MCAS Beaufort 30 Jan MAG-31
(2) Briefs will be conducted by the Reserve Affairs/4th MAW Retention Team in Squadron spaces in order to facilitate maximum participation. Briefs are open to Officer and Enlisted personnel regardless or MOS with maximum participation encouraged. Briefs will also be offered at each MAG to ensure opportunity for Marines within the MAW/MAG staffs and support squadrons to attend the brief.
(3) Coordination of specific times of briefs for each Squadron will be coordinated through respective MAGs and Squadron representatives once identified.
4. Administration and Logistics
a. Administration. Host Commands listed in paragraph 3c(1) are requested to select a site coordinator for each location. Site Coordinators will assist with planning via separate correspondence with designated POCs listed in this message.
b. Logistics. Reserve Affairs will fund all travel related expenses for RAM personnel. 4th MAW will fund its representatives in support of this roadshow.
5. Command and Signal. Site Coordinators. Serve as the primary point of contact for the Reserve Affairs/4th MAW Retention Team visit coordination and de-confliction. Upon release of this message, Site Coordinators should contact the POCs listed in this message in order to facilitate planning.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Total Force.
7. Release authorized by Col R. H. Pitchford, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//