R 151830Z JAN 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC CDI WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE 4TH QTR FY19 AND THE 1ST QTR FY20 MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) STUDY REVIEW BOARD AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR 2ND QTR FY20//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/R 271900Z AUG 18//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED RESULTS OF THE 3RD QTR FY19 MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) STUDY REVIEW BOARD AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR 4TH QTR FY19 AND 1ST QTR FY20. REF B IS MCO 3902.1D, MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS).//
POC/JAMES A. EVANS/GS15/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8124/EMAIL: JAMES.A.EVANS@USMC.MIL//
POC/LISA R. WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL: 703-784-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per reference (A), this message announces the results of the 4th Quarter(QTR)of FY19 and the 1st QTR of FY20 Call for Studies and announces the 2nd QTR of FY20 Call for Studies.
2. Tier I nominations are those considered appropriate, and meet the criteria provided in reference (B) as delineated by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration (DC, CD and I). These nominations will commence as studies as soon as possible. Tier II nominations are those found to be analytically sound, but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g. refinement of study scope).
3. The following study nominations are Tier I (sponsor in parentheses).
3.A. Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle Traffic-ability Study (DC, CD and I).
3.B. Analysis of O5 Command Tour Lengths (DC, M and RA).
3.C. Analytic Methods to Support Divestment Decisions (DC, CD and I).
3.D. Force Design Conceptual Model Requirements Analysis (DC, CD and I).
3.E. Marine Corps Capability Based Assessment Integrated Process (MC CIP) Analytic Support (CG, MCWL).
4. The following studies are Tier II:
4.A. Logistics Requirements ISO Distributed Naval Operations (DC, I and L).
4.B. Marine Barracks Washington Information Portfolio Concept (DIR, MC STAFF).
4.C. Signature Analysis of USMC Sea Denial Platforms (CG, MCWL).
4.D. Timeliness and Effectiveness of Command Screening in the Overseas Suitability Screening Process (DC, M and RA).
5. The Operations Analysis Directorate (OAD) government study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency POC as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed above were declined for execution. POCs for declined study nominations will be contacted via email by the Director, External Analysis Division, OAD.
6. Marine Corps Commands and Activities that have commissioned studies and analysis outside of the Marine Corps Studies System (MCSS) are required to notify OAD of such initiatives, to include the purpose and scope of their respective efforts. Additionally, electronic copies of completed studies and analytical efforts shall be provided to OAD for inclusion into the MCSS repository. This can be accomplished by emailing: email@example.com.
7. This message also announces the MCSS Call for Studies for the 2ND QTR of FY20 and solicits nominations for relevant and impactful studies. The nomination period is 24 January 2020 through 24 February 2020 with the Studies Review Board (SRB) scheduled for 3 March 2020.
7.A. Nominations may be submitted at any time; however, non-urgent requirements will be held to the next SRB.
7.B. Study nominations related to direction and guidance contained in the 38th Commandant’s Planning Guidance will be given precedence over all others.
8. Assistance and consultation in shaping study nominations is available from the Director, External Analysis Division, OAD, Mr. James Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain additional information regarding OAD study nomination submissions, please visit https:(slash)(slash)www.mccdc.marines.mil/Units/OAD/Marine-Corps-Study-System.aspx.
9. Questions regarding the MCSS process may be directed to Lisa Watts, email: email@example.com.
10. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Eric M. Smith, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//