R 232143Z JAN 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION FOR PARTICIPATION IN MARINE CORPS NATIONAL RECRUITING ADVERTISEMENT CAMPAIGN//
REF/RECRUITING OPERATIONS PLAN FY20//
NARR/REF IS THE MCRC OPERATIONS PLAN FOR FY20//
POC-1/HENDERSON, JOHNNY/CAPT/UNIT: MCRC/MAC/TEL: COML(703)-398-5619/EMAIL: JOHNNY.HENDERSON@MARINES.USMC.MIL//
POC-2/BOYD, GREGORY/SSGT/UNIT: MCRC/MAC/TEL: COML(703)-398-3692/EMAIL: GREGORY.BOYD@MARINES.USMC.MIL//
POC-3/DEVINE, CHRISTIAN/LTCOL/UNIT: MCRC/MAC/TEL: COML(703)-432-9027/EMAIL: CHRISTIAN.DEVINE@MARINES.USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN solicits active duty and active reserve Marines to participate in the latest Marine Corps recruiting advertising campaign within our current “Battles Won” marketing strategy. This campaign will focus on communicating belonging, resiliency, and teamwork through our “first chapter” transformation story of Making Marines via recruit training. The desired end state of Marine Corps Recruiting Command (MCRC) is to have all campaign elements for this advertising effort approved and released by fall of 2020.
2. In order to ensure authenticity and accuracy, MCRC has always utilized real Marines in its advertising, and is seeking participation from Marines interested in roles within the next Marine Corps’ advertising campaign. MCRC will conduct two formal casting calls to identify potential participants in this campaign effort: one is in eastern North Carolina and another in southern California. Open casting for Marines will be held 3-4 February 2020 at the Conservation Law Enforcement Complex, aboard Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Lejeune, NC from 0800-1630. Another open casting will be held 6-7 February 2020 at Pacific Views Event Center aboard Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Pendleton, CA from 0800-1630.
3. Marines selected to be featured in Marine Corps advertisements are exemplary ambassadors of the Marine Corps to the public. Participants must be Marines between 18-27 years old and be able to take professional direction as required to achieve the desired campaign outcomes. All Marines must be approved for participation by their respective units. No previous acting experience is necessary. Filming window for this advertising campaign will be 27 February – 1 March 2020 at both Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, SC and Atlanta, GA. Marines desiring to participate in this commercial filming must be available to MCRC during this timeframe for production purposes.
4. Marines considered most qualified during initial screening at the casting calls will be notified and subsequently undergo a personal interview. Interview dates and funding data will be provided via separate correspondence.
5. Selected Marines must have a valid Government Travel Charge Card and an active Defense Travel System account and be available for travel one day prior to and following the production dates listed above. TAD orders and funding will be provided via DTS cross organization line of accounting by MCRC for the production of the national recruiting advertisement only.
6. Marines interested in participating are encouraged to contact: Captain Johnny Henderson, Marine Corps Recruiting Command via electronic correspondence at firstname.lastname@example.org or Staff Sergeant Gregory Boyd at email@example.com. Include photo, name, rank, MOS, geographic location. Ensure command point of contact information and commercial phone numbers are provided.
7. This is applicable to active duty and active reserve only.
8. This message is cancelled on 1 March 2020.
9. Release authorized by Major General James W. Bierman, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command//