R 241510Z JAN 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/IMPLEMENTATION OF OPERATIONAL STRESS CONTROL AND READINESS GENERATION III//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC/WASHINGTON YMD: 02MAY2016//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC/WASHINGTON YMD: 22FEB2013//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC/WASHINGTON YMD: 10APR2012//
NARR/REF A IS MCTP 3-30E, COMBAT AND OPERATIONAL STRESS CONTROL.//
REF B IS MCO 5351.1, COMBAT AND OPERATIONAL STRESS CONTROL PROGRAM.//
REF C IS MCO 1720.2, MARINE CORPS SUICIDE PREVENTION PROGRAM.//
POC/RODRIGUEZESPINO EDGAR A/SSGT/UNIT: HQMC MFCI-3/-//
TEL: 703-784-5953/EMAIL: HQMC_COSCC@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides guidance for the implementation of Operational Stress Control and Readiness (OSCAR) Team Training Generation (GEN) III, beginning 1 January 2020. OSCAR GEN III replaces OSCAR II and fulfills the policy requirements of reference (b) for battalions and squadrons to train and maintain OSCAR teams comprised of at least five percent of a unit’s personnel or a minimum of 20 Marines and Sailors, whichever is greater. Commanders are encouraged to develop strong local policies that support best practices for OSCAR training implementation.
2. OSCAR GEN III is designed to provide selected Marines, Sailors, medical professionals, religious ministry teams, and mental health professionals information and resources needed to help Marines and Sailors prevent, identify, and manage combat and operational stress issues as early as possible, before they become medical problems. The course emphasizes implementation of OSCAR principles and designates time for participants to start developing a plan of action. OSCAR GEN III, which runs a minimum of four hours, features engaging practical applications, discussions, and critical thinking scenarios.
3. The OSCAR GEN III Team Training code for entry into the Marine Corps Training Information Management System, upon completion, is 01.
4. Marines must be certified to train OSCAR GEN III using materials published by Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC). All installations may receive master trainer or facilitator training by requesting support via the Combat and Operational Stress Control (COSC) Regional Training Coordinator (RTC) and HQMC COSC Capability (HQMC_COSCC@usmc.mil). OSCAR master trainers will be identified by training code 04 and facilitators by training code 03.
5. OSCAR GEN III, facilitator guide, media, and job aid are necessary to facilitate OSCAR GEN III. OSCAR training material must be requested via the COSC RTC.
6. OSCAR GEN III was introduced via a series of core master trainer courses conducted by HQMC staff from November 2019 through January 2020 at I, II, and III Marine Expeditionary Forces; Marine Forces Reserve; and Marine Corps Installations National Capital Region-Marine Corps Base Quantico.
7. Installations or units requiring additional information concerning OSCAR GEN III should contact the point of contact listed in this MARADMIN.
9. This MARADMIN is canceled 01 January 2023.
10. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
11. Release authorized by M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//