R 051450Z FEB 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC MRA DAG SECT WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2019 MARINE CORPS MANPOWER, PERSONNEL, AND ADMINISTRATION AWARDS PROGRAM RECIPIENTS//
REF/A/MSGID: MARADMIN 625/19/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 625/19 SOLICITATION FOR NOMINEES FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2019 MARINE CORPS MANPOWER, PERSONNEL, AND ADMINISTRATION AWARDS PROGRAM//
POC/DONALD, JOSEPH/LTCOL/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, DC M&RA ACTION GROUP/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9551//
POC/MCNEIL, STEPHEN/MAJ/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, DC M&RA ACTION GROUP/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9343//
POC/DEMPSEY, TREVOR/CWO5/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, DC M&RA ACTION GROUP/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9217//
POC/HART, SCOTT/MGYSGT/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, DC M&RA ACTION GROUP/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9314//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. On 22 January 2020, a selection board reviewed the (91) nominations submitted for the award categories announced in reference (a). Amongst a field of highly qualified Marines, Civilian Marines, and Unit Award nominees, the Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs takes pleasure in congratulating the following individuals and unit selected as recipients of the Calendar Year 2019 Manpower, Personnel, and Administration annual awards.
1.A. The recipient of the Marine of the Year award is Corporal Jacob Balderas, Headquarters and Support Battalion, Marine Corps Installations-West, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.
1.B. The recipient of the Noncommissioned Officer of the Year award is Sergeant Mackenzie Mallarino, 2d Radio Battalion, II Marine Expeditionary Force Information Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force, U. S. Marine Corps Forces Command.
1.C. The recipient of the Staff Noncommissioned Officer of the Year is Gunnery Sergeant Anggie Acosta, 11th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, U. S. Marine Forces Pacific.
1.D. The recipient of the Personnel Officer of the Year award is Chief Warrant Officer-2 Kyle Gray, Headquarters and Support Battalion, Marine Corps Installations-West, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.
1.E. The recipient of the Manpower Officer of the Year award is First Lieutenant Marcela Cavalcanti, 1st Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, U. S. Marine Forces Pacific.
1.F. The recipient of the Civilian Marine of the Year award is Mr. Chris Baker, Command Element, II Marine Expeditionary Force, U. S. Marine Corps Forces Command.
1.G. The recipient of the Personnel Administration Center (PAC) of the Year (unit award) is Marine Corps Base Quantico, Marine Corps Installations-National Capital Region, Marine Corps Installations Command.
2. Awards Ceremony. The MCMPAAP awards ceremony will take place at Harry Lee Hall aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico (MCBQ) on the morning of Wednesday, 8 April 2020. The MCMPAAP award ceremony will coincide with the annual Manpower and Personnel Administration (MPA) Symposium, an event that will be announced in a forthcoming calling message.
3. Funding. Parent commands/organization are responsible for coordinating and funding the travel (e.g., tickets, expenses, etc.) of the selected Marines and other personnel representing their command for participation in the awards ceremony.
4. Lodging. Award recipients and unit representatives may reserve rooms at The Crossroads Inn aboard MCB Quantico no later than 9 March 2020. Rooms have been reserved for MCMPAAP recipients and MPA Symposium attendees under the group name “Manpower Symposium.” The Crossroads Inn can be contacted at 703-630-4444 or by email at Reservations@crossroadsinnquantico.com.
5. Uniform requirements are as follows.
5.A. Sunday, 5 April, Inbound travel date. Appropriate civilian attire.
5.B. Monday, 6 April – Tuesday 7 April, MPA Symposium. The uniform of the day is Marine MARPAT for Marines and civilian business casual for civilian Marines.
5.C. Wednesday, 8 April, MCMPAAP Awards Ceremony. Marines receiving awards and those assisting in execution of the ceremony will wear the Service “C” uniform. The attire for Civilian Marines and designated personnel representing their commands will be business formal.
6. Request commands notify POC via e-mail or phone no later than ten days from the release of this MARADMIN to confirm the attendance of individual award recipients and designated unit representatives. Award recipients or command representatives unable to attend will be asked to provide a mailing address for plaque shipment.
7. Congratulations to those selected and all who were nominated. Your noteworthy performance and administrative support for fellow Marines, civilian Marines, and their dependents is commendable and has directly and positively impacted the Marine Corps.
9. Release authorized by LtGen Michael A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//