R 051433Z FEB 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE FY20-01 MARINE FIGHER TRAINING SQUADRON 401 (VMFT-401) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1001R.1L W/CH-1/20180315//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/4TH MAW/WGO 5320.2T//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/CMC/ MCO 1331.2K//
NARR/REF A IS THE FY20-01 VMFT-401 AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT. REF B IS THE RESERVE AVIATOR ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS THE 4TH MAW OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICY. REF C IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REF D IS 4TH MAW ORDER ON RESERVE OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICIES. REF E IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER ON TRANSITION CONVERSION TRAINING FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS AND NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS//
POC/A.C. DINSDALE/LTCOL/UNIT: HQ 4TH MAW G-1/504-697-7784/EMAIL: ALAN.DINSDALE@USMC.MIL//
POC/C.R. FITZGERALD/LTCOL/VMFT-401 EXECUTIVE OFFICER/TEL: 928-269-3628/EMAIL: CHAD.FITZGERALD@USMC.MIL//
ALTERNATE POC/B.G. BURNS/COL/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM/TEL: DSN 223-9846/703-693-9846/EMAIL: ERIC.G.BURNS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. IAW REF A, the FY20-01 VMFT-401 Selection Board was convened by 4th MAW on 24 January 2020 and selected the below listed officers for conversion training in the F-5 and subsequent Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) service within 4th MAW. Read in three columns:
RANK NAME PMOS
Major Jindrich, Richard 7523
Major Knorra, Luke 7523
Major Williams, Lear 7509
2. All personnel listed above are directed to contact the VMFT-401 executive officer within 30 days of the release of this message accepting or declining assignment.
A. Acceptance of this assignment and subsequent completion of required conversion training obligates the selectees to 36 months of service per the signed statement of understanding submitted during the application process.
B. Selectees who cannot join the unit and attend training within 180 days will forfeit their selection and will be required to apply at a later date if so desired.
3. The next VMFT-401 Selection Board is planned for late summer 2020. All applicants not selected by this board will be required to reapply as all packages from this selection board will be destroyed.
4. IAW REFS C and D, this message constitutes 4th MAW join and Duty Involving Flight – Operational (DIFOP) approval authority for the selected officers. 4th MAW DIFOP approved effective with actual unit join, unless already a member of a 4th MAW squadron.
5. IAW REF E, PAR 11(A), naval aviators who have completed conversion training are under contractual obligation for three years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed, and the individual Marine is designated as “support eligible.”
6. Depending on the selectee’s current component code, the join process to 4th MAW will differ. Selectees will still need to work with VMFT-401 administration personnel to determine their exact Billet Identification Code (BIC).
A. Active duty Marines are advised to contact their career planner to facilitate Direct Affiliation Program (DAP) authorization utilizing this message as authorization to join 4th MAW.
B. SMCR Marines will use this message as their source document for their Inter-unit Transfer (IUT) request. After Marine Forces Reserve (MARFORRES) G-1 approves the IUT, the losing commands will generate IUT orders to their respective squadron.
C. Marines in the Individual Ready Reserve are advised to contact their local Prior Service Recruiter for join processing utilizing this message as authorization to join 4th MAW.
7. Administrative Guidance
A. OVERVIEW. Processing of orders for the approved training period requires the following: submission of training request package via CG, 4th MAW to approving authority from the Deputy Commandant for Aviation, and submission of a signed statement of understanding to MARFORRES G-1.
B. Submission and fund approval of orders via the Marine Resources Order Writing System (MROWS) to CG 4th MAW, and adjustment of the new Mandatory Drill Stop Date (MDSD). Utilize the provided page 11 entry templates to acknowledge acceptance of contractual obligation associated with transition training.
C. 4th MAW is the only entity authorized to submit requests for and approve funding for this training for the SMCR personnel. MARFORRES G-1 is the only entity authorized to process MDSDs upon completion of conversion training.
D. Requests will be submitted by unit commanders to conversion approving authority via CG, 4th MAW G-3 training.
E. Upon approval of the request, 4th MAW G-3 training will notify the Officer’s unit via approval endorsement.
F. VMFT-401 will:
(1) Create a page 11 entry acknowledging the required contractual obligation. The page 11 entry requires both the Marine’s and the commanding officer’s signatures. Page 11 entry must be dated utilizing the date the Marine acknowledged and accepted the approved training. Have the officer sign the appropriate page 11 entry stating at a minimum, “In accordance with MCO 1331.2K, I acknowledge and agree to the additional contractual obligation required for completion of conversion training to the F-5.”
(2) VMFT-401 is directed to utilize the applicable per diem rates available for MCAS Yuma, AZ. Messing and lodging is directed, if available, at cost. VMFT-401 S-3 will contact the 4th MAW G-3 for training funding data.
(3) No less than 30 days from the reporting date of the approved conversion training, the unit must submit a set of orders via MROWS. MROWS order requests will not be approved without the prior receipt of the Marines signed page 11 entry.
G. Upon completion of SMCR actions, CG 4th MAW will screen and approve the Marine’s orders request.
H. Upon completion of required training, VMFT-401 will submit an MDSD adjustment request along with a signed copy of the Marines page 11 entry to MARFORRES G-1 via their organizational mailbox at MFR_MANPOWER@USMC.MIL. MARFORRES G-1 will report and adjust the MDSD utilizing the date transition/conversion training was completed.
8. Naval aviators are reminded that 4th MAW has open DIFOP and Duty Involving Flight - Denied billets with other SMCR units. In addition, eligible naval aviators are reminded of the fiscal year 2020 SMCR Officer Retention Bonus and Forward Air Controller/Air Officer Retention Bonus. To learn more contact 4th MAW G-1 at commercial telephone (504)697-7788 or via e-mail at OMB_4THMAW_MANPOWER@USMC.MIL. Names and locations of 4th MAW squadrons seeking aviators follow:
HMH-772 / JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/ TEL: 609-562-8711//
HMLA-773(-) / JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/ TEL: 609-562-8711//
HMLA-773(Det A) / JRB New Orleans, LA/ TEL: 504-940-4905//
HMLA-775 / MCAS Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 682-249-6972//
MATSG-42 /SAU/ Pensacola, FL/ TEL: 850-240-8578//
VMFA-112 / JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2718//
VMGR-234 / JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2901//
VMGR-452 / Stewart ANG Base Newburgh, NY/ TEL: 845-563-2905//
VMM-764 / MCAS Miramar, CA/ TEL: 682-309-1165//
VMM-774 / NAS Norfolk, VA/ TEL: 757-444-7818//
VMU-4 / Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 760-763-4968//
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Steven R. Rudder, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//