R 101608Z FEB 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN//
SUBJ/FY20-02 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1001R.1L W/CH-1/20180315//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MARADMIN 309/19//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MARADMIN 465/19//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/WGO 5320.2T//
NARR/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REF B IS THE RESERVE AVIATOR ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS THE MOBILIZATION DEFERMENT FOR MARINES TRANSITIONING FROM THE ACTIVE COMPONENT TO THE RESERVE COMPONENT. REF D IS THE 4TH MAW OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICY. REF E IS THE FISCAL YEAR 2020 SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE UNIT RESERVE OFFICER RETENTION BONUS AND FORWARD AIR CONTROLLER/AIR OFFICER RETENTION BONUS.//
POC/A.C. DINSDALE/LTCOL/HQ 4TH MAW G-1/504-697-7784/EMAIL: ALAN.DINSDALE@USMC.MIL//
POC/L.C. WIGGINS/MAJ/VMR BELLE CHASSE OPERATIONS/TEL 504-678-3475/ EMAIL: LUTHER.WIGGINS@USMC.MIL//
POC/Z. WEBB/MAJ/VMR ANDREWS S-1/TEL: 240-857-1761/EMAIL: ZACHARY.WEBB@USMC.MIL//
ALTERNATE POC/E.G. BURNS/COL/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM/TEL: DSN 223-9846/703-693-9846/EMAIL: ERIC.G.BURNS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/Remarks/1. This MARADMIN announces the FY20-02 4th MAW OSA Selection Board. All eligible Naval Aviators who apply to fill Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) billets with Marine Transport Squadron Detachments (VMR) Belle Chasse, LA and Andrews, MD will be considered by this board.
2. The 4th MAW OSA Aviator Selection Board is scheduled to convene on or about 18 March 2020. Applications may be submitted through 2359, 15 March 2020. Applications received after this date regardless of reason, and incomplete packages will not be considered.
3. Eligible Officers:
a. Reserve Naval Aviators (SMCR, Individual Mobilization Augmentee, or Individual Ready Reserve): All qualified Naval Aviators are eligible who are able to complete 36 months participation with VMR. The 36 months begins with T2P designation. Reserve Aviators must be able to affiliate within 30 days of the selection results message.
b. Active Component Naval Aviators: Including the eligibility requirements above, applicants must establish an EAS in writing from HQMC (MMOA) after board conclusion, and be able to affiliate with the Ready Reserve NLT
1 August 2020. An EAS is not required prior to the board convening.
c. All Naval Aviators must have a minimum of 1,000 flight hours total time with a strong background in instrument flying.
d. Eligible Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) include: 7509, 7518, 7523, 7532, 7543, 7557, 7562, 7563, 7564, 7565, and 7566.
4. Ineligible Officers: SMCR Captains who have been passed for promotion are ineligible. Additionally, both active and reserve component Majors and Lieutenant Colonels who are unable to complete 36 months participation at any VMR prior to their mandatory removal date or service limits for grade are ineligible.
5. All openings reflect the needs of the service and will be filled on a competitive/best qualified basis. Favorable consideration will be given to applicants who currently have completed a three-year tour in an SMCR operational flying unit. An officer's record of service in the SMCR, past performance, and potential for future participation in the Reserve Component will be considered. Proximity to drilling site, ease of commute, and/or willingness to relocate will also be favorably considered.
6. Individuals selected who accept affiliation are contractually obligated to serve with VMR for a minimum of three years after completing civilian approved contractor training (i.e., Training and Readiness Core Skill Introduction Phase) and T2P designation. Early removal from VMR is at the discretion of the individual commander based on performance and participation. Individuals selected for OSA units are expected to deploy for a minimum of (1) 90 day period during the three year obligation. Two one-year extensions may be granted by HQMC for up to a total of five years unit participation which will obligate the individual to another 90 day deployment period during that time frame. Drill schedule, annual training, and aircraft qualification training will be in accordance with current unit Standard Operating Procedure and will require a minimum of five days of active participation each month. Additionally, individuals selected will be required to attend up to 11 weeks of Active Duty Training (ADT) for UC-35 training or up to 12 weeks of ADT for UC-12 training within six months of selection.
7. Applicants will not be accommodated who are either medically disqualified for duties involving flying or had their flight status revoked. Applicants who were considered and not selected by previous selection boards and desire to be considered by the FY20-02 4th MAW OSA Aviator Selection Board are required to submit new packages.
8. Application Requirements:
a. Applicants are to submit the following documents; document templates can be found by referencing the Aviation Selection Board Website at: https://www.marforres.marines.mil/Major-Subordinate-Commands/4th-Marine-Aircraft-Wing/Join/ click on “Aviator Selection Board Information.”
1. Cover letter stating intention to apply, date of availability and the Privacy Act sheet included in reference (a).
2. Reserve Qualification Summary.
3. Flight logbook (accident and flight rule violation record pages and most recent flight data page).
4. Flight training/qualifications (cover pages from NATOPS jacket sections IIA and IIB, most recent NATOPS/INST evaluation reports).
5. Aviation Qualification Summary.
6. Current medical clearance.
7. Fitness reports (last five minimum, recommend submitting ll breakout FITREPs).
8. Official photo.
9. Career Summary/Biography.
10. Letters of Recommendation, as applicable.
11. Copy of DD 214 as applicable.
12. Statement of Understanding.
b. Applicants are required to waive the deployment deferment offered by reference (c) by signing and submitting the OSA Statement of Understanding.
c. Applicants currently assigned to a flying billet shall include an endorsement from their commanding officer.
d. A digital (pdf) copy of the entire package shall be emailed to the following organizational mailbox for delivery of your package: OMB_4THMAW_MANPOWER@usmc.mil. Do not include SSN or other PII in your package. Use of EDIPI is acceptable. Contact the 4th MAW G1 POC above if you have issues submitting your package. Note: Adobe Acrobat pdf format is the only accepted means of digital submission for the application. Late or incomplete packages will not be considered. Applicants are solely responsible for ensuring their packages are complete and have been received by 4th MAW G-1.
e. Label all pdf files with lastname.first.preferred detachment (e.g. Foss.Joe.Belle Chasse) for tracking purposes. If multiple pdf files are submitted, label files as 1 of xx (e.g., Foss.Joe.Belle Chasse part 1 of 4).
9. Selection Board results will be announced via MARADMIN at the earliest possible date after the conclusion of board proceedings.
10. Naval Aviators are reminded that 4th MAW has open DIFOP and DIFDEN billets with other SMCR units. In addition, eligible Naval Aviators are reminded of the Fiscal Year 2020 Selected Marine Corps Reserve Unit Reserve Officer Retention Bonus and Forward Air Controller/Air Officer Retention Bonus, reference (e). Names and locations of 4th MAW tactical squadrons seeking aviators follow:
HMH-772/ JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/ TEL: 609-562-8711//
HMLA-773(Det A)/ JRB New Orleans, LA/ TEL: 504-940-4905//
HMLA-773(Det B)/ JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/ TEL: 609-562-8711//
HMLA-775/ MCAS Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 682-249-6972//
MATSG-42/SAU/ Pensacola, FL/ TEL: 850-240-8578//
VMFA-112/ JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2718//
VMFT-401/ MCAS Yuma, AZ/ TEL: 928-210-6547//
VMGR-234/ JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2901//
VMGR-452/ Stewart ANG Base Newburgh, NY/ TEL: 845-563-2905//
VMM-764/ MCAS Miramar, CA/ TEL: 682-309-1165//
VMM-774/ NAS Norfolk, VA/ TEL: 757-444-7818//
VMU-4/ Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 760-763-4968//
11. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Steven R. Rudder, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//