R 111314Z FEB 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT FOR NEW STAFF NONCOMMISIONED OFFICER (SNCO) ACADEMY FACULTY ADVISOR AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPER VOLUNTEER PERIOD//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF B IS SECNAV M-5510.30 PERSONNEL SECURITY PROGRAM//
POC/P.A. TURNER/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/
POC/B.A. KIRALY/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9335/EMAIL: BRIAN.KIRALY@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.L. SAUNDERS/GYSGT/SNCO ACADEMY MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9475/EMAIL: JUSTIN.SAUNDERS@USMC.MIL//
POC/E.E. CAYSON/SGTMAJ/CEME/TEL: 703-432-4793/EMAIL: ERIC.CAYSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the new volunteer period for SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor positons and Curriculum Developer positions, and to solicit applications from qualified Marines.
2. Headquarters Marine Corps will accept applications year-round for projected vacancies of Marine Corps SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor and Curriculum Developer billets for all academies listed below.
2.a. SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor/Curriculum Developer vacancies exist at the following locations:
JAB Camp Pendleton, CA
JBF Camp Lejeune, NC
JBG Camp Butler, Okinawa
JBH Kaneohe, HI
JBJ Twentynine Palms, CA
TZ8 Quantico, VA
068 Quantico, VA
2.b. All Curriculum Developer vacancies are located in Quantico, VA.
2.c. The Marine’s order of preference contained in the application will be considered; however, a Marine must be willing to accept assignment to any SNCO Academy vacancy listed in this MARADMIN.
3. Tour Length. The normal tour length for a Faculty Advisor or a Curriculum Developer is 24 - 36 months, at the discretion of CMC (MMEA), in accordance with reference (a).
4. Eligibility requirements. Marines applying for the SNCO Academy duty must meet and comply with the following criteria:
4.a. All staff sergeants through master sergeants are eligible for SNCO Academy duty.
4.b. Marines must have completed required resident PME for current grade. Bachelors or associates degree, previous instructor experience, or previous completion of instructor courses are preferred, but not required.
4.c. Marines must have a current security clearance eligibility in accordance with reference (b) (e.g. National Agency Check with Local Agency and Credit Checks completed within 10 years).
4.d. Marines must meet height and weight standards or be within body fat percentage limits.
4.e. Marines must have an updated official photo in their Official Military Personnel File.
4.f. Marines must conduct an interview with the local SNCO Academy Director/Deputy Director prior to application submission. If Marines are not located within the local area of one of the academies the interview can be conducted remotely at the discretion of Enlisted Professional Military Education Headquarters.
5. Application Contents. Marine's completed applications will be attached to a Reenlistment, Extension, Lateral Movement and submitted through the Total Force Retention System and contain the following:
5.a. Enlisted Professional Military Education SNCO Academy Faculty Screening Checklist with commanding officer endorsement, located at: https://www.usmcu.edu/epme/snco-academies/quantico.
5.b. Security Clearance Eligibility Letter from the command security manager.
6. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
7. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//