R 111324Z FEB 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER ACADEMY (SNCOA) DEPUTY DIRECTOR VACANCIES//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF B IS SECNAV M-5510.30 PERSONNEL SECURITY PROGRAM//
POC/T.A. NICKS/SGTMAJ/MMEA/TEL: 703-432-9217/EMAIL: TROY.NICKS@USMC.MIL//
POC/E.E. CAYSON/SGTMAJ/CEME/TEL: 703-432-4793/EMAIL: ERIC.CAYSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the billet vacancies for CY20 SNCOA Deputy Director positions.
2. Manpower Management Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) is soliciting applications from qualified Master Gunnery Sergeants desiring to serve as Deputy Directors at regionally located SNCOAs.
2.a. Deputy Directors are responsible for overseeing the execution of multiple Professional Military Education Programs of Instruction. Personnel in these billets lead a support staff and are responsible for the conduct and development of assigned Faculty Advisors. These billets require articulate senior enlisted leaders who can operate independently and manage multiple schools simultaneously.
2.b. The CY20 SNCOA selection panel will accept applications for projected openings of Marine Corps SNCOA Deputy Director billets based on vacancy. These applicants will be screened and interviewed by MMEA and The Director of The College of Enlisted Military Education (CEME).
2.c. The CY20 SNCOA Deputy Director Panel is scheduled to convene at Headquarters Marine Corps on or about 3 March 2020. The results will be published via SEPCOR.
3. Billet Vacancies
3.a. Location and Report Dates for FY20 are:
LOCATION POSITION RANK REPORT
Camp Pendleton Deputy Director MGySgt 31 Aug 20
Okinawa Deputy Director MGySgt 31 Aug 20
4. Tour Length. The normal tour length is 24 - 36 months, at the discretion of CMC (MMEA), in accordance with reference (a).
5. Eligibility requirements. Marines applying for SNCOA billets must meet the following criteria:
5.a. A Bachelor’s degree, previous instructor experience, or previous completion of instructor courses is preferred, but not required. An applicant’s resume should reflect a commitment to lifelong learning.
5.b. Marines must have a current security clearance eligibility inaccordance with reference (b) (e.g. NACLC completed within 10 years).
5.c. Marines must meet Ht/Wt/PFT/CFT standards.
5.d. Marines must have an updated official photo in their Official Military Personnel File.
5.e. Applicants will conduct an interview with the Enlisted College Director prior to selection. If Marines are not located within the local Quantico area an interview can be conducted remotely.
6. Application Contents. Applications will be submitted prior to the submission deadline of 19 February 2020 and contain the following:
6.a. CEME SNCOA Faculty Advisor Screening Checklist with O-6 Command endorsement, located at: https:(slash)(slash)www.usmcu.edu/ceme/resources/.
6.b. Security Clearance Eligibility Letter from Command Security Manager.
6.c. Professional Resume
6.e. Current Promotion Photo
7. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//