R 211804Z FEB 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
NAR/REF A IS NAVMC 2922, MARINE CORPS UNIT AWARDS MANUAL. REF B IS
DODI 1348.33, DOD MILITARY DECORATIONS AND AWARDS PROGRAM. REF C IS
DODM 1348.33-V4, CHANGE 2. REF D IS DODM 1348.33-V2, CHANGE 2.//
POC/L. HOWARD/SGT/HQMC MMMA/-/TEL: 703-784-9206
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to provide an update of awards since the last update, MARADMIN 656/19.
2. The following unit awards are authorized and will be incorporated in ref A.
2.a. Joint Meritorious Unit Award
2.a.1. HQ, US Strategic Command 04Nov16-31Jul19
Additional subordinate units eligible:
Joint Force Space Component Command
JFCC-Integrated Missile Defense
Strategic Command Center for Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction
Standing Joint Force Headquarters-Elimination
Joint Warfare Analysis Center
Joint Electronic Warfare Center
Joint Electromagnetic Preparedness for Advance Combat
2.a.2. HQ, US Transportation Command 01Jan17-31Mar19
Additional subordinate unit eligible:
Joint Transportation Reserve Unit
Joint Enabling Capabilities Command
2.a.3. HQ, US Forces-Afghanistan/National Support Element-Afghanistan 16Dec18-15Nov19
2.a.4. North America Aerospace Defense Command and HQ, US Northern Command 01Jan17-31Dec18
Additional subordinate units eligible:
Joint Task Force-Civil Support
Joint Task Force-North
Alaskan North American Aerospace Defense Region
Joint Force Headquarters National Capital Region
Continental North American Aerospace Defense Region
Canadian North American Aerospace Defense Region
Western Air Defense Sector
Eastern Air Defense Sector
Special Operations Command North
2.a.5. Office of the US Security Coordinator for Israel and the Palestinian Authority 02Nov17-30Nov18
2.a.6. HQ, Combined Joint Task Force- Horn of Africa 01Apr17-30Sep18
2.a.7. HQ, US Special Operations Command 01Aug16-30Sep19
Note: Per ref B, service units and individuals assigned to service units in support of these joint organizations are not eligible for the JMUAs listed above (2.a.1-7). Only those members of the Armed Forces of the United States who were present at the time and directly participated in the service or achievement for 30 days or more or, for the period cited if less than 30 days, are authorized to wear the JMUA ribbon. Personnel must be assigned and/or attached by official orders to the joint unit or task force headquarters receiving the JMUA. Local commanders may waive, on an individual basis, the 30-day minimum time requirement for individuals (reserve personnel on active duty and TDY and/or TAD personnel) who, in the purview of the commander, contributed directly to the achievement cited, and were assigned on official orders to the awarded unit during the approved time frames.
2.b. Meritorious Unit Commendation
2.b.1. Marine Attack Squadron 211 1Jan16-31Jan17
2.b.2. SPMAGTF-SC 17 1Mar17-30Nov17
3. Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal (MCEM). The Secretary of Navy has authorized the MCEM for those personnel who participated in Operation Oaken Lotus on 26Jul14-27Jul14 in Tripoli, Libya.
4. Humanitarian Service Medal (HSM). The Joint Chief of Staff has approved the HSM for Tropical Cyclone Idai for those personnel who directly participated in the humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, and who were physically present in the cities of Maputo, Quelimane, Chimoio, and Beira, Mozambique, and provided humanitarian assistance during the period 23Mar19-13Apr19.
Note: Personnel must have been assigned to the immediate area of operations which are determined to be as outlined above. As stated in ref B and C, direct participation is defined as being physically present at the designated location and having directly contributed to and influenced the action. Deployment to the area of humanitarian assistance in and of itself does not constitute HSM entitlement. Commanders in the grade of 0-6 and above have been given delegation of authority for determining HSM eligibility and shall consolidate a roster in accordance with MARADMIN 626/13 of all military personnel eligible for the award. Upon approval, this roster shall be submitted to the CMC (MMMA-2) using an excel spreadsheet (HSM.XLS) via the Improved Awards Processing System, including full name, rank, and SSN, for record purpose. MMMA will report the award on MCTFS Via UD and update the "HSM" database. The database is posted on the MMMA website under verification of awards, external links tab: WWW.Manpower.usmc.mil/Portal/Page/Portal/M_RA_Home/MM/MA.
5. The POC for questions pertaining to the above HSM authorizations is Staff Sergeant Joshua N. Robbs at (703) 784-9342.
6. Ref A is no longer distributed. Instead, ref A is updated quarterly and maintained on the internet at www.marines.mil.
7. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//