R 171828Z MAR 20
MSGID/CMC WASHINGTON DC PP&O//
SUBJ/CHANGE 1 TO PROHIBITION OF PRIVATELY OWNED FIREARMS AND NON-OFFICIAL/PERSONALLY OWNED AMMUNITION FOR INTERNATIONAL MILITARY STUDENTS//
REF A/MARADMIN 094/20//
REF B/MCO 5530.14A///
REF C/MCO 5500.6H//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces changes to reference (a) to clarify the assistance provided by Staff Judge Advocates to commanders with the implementation of the policy.
2. Paragraph 6d of reference (a) is re-written as follows: “The IMS and accompanying family members will transfer POF and non-official/privately owned ammunition to an individual not prohibited by applicable laws and regulations from possessing such items; e.g. another individual of the chain of command, an individual not of the chain of command, etc. Written proof of transfer will be provided to the chain of command; e.g. bill of sale, official letter, etc.”
3. Paragraph 6e is added to reference (a) as follows: “Commanders charged with implementing the provisions of this MARADMIN should consult their servicing Staff Judge Advocate to ensure command policies comply with applicable DOD, DON, and Service policy.”
4. Reference (a) can be found at Marines.mil at the following link: https://www.marines.mil/News/Messages/Messages-Display/Article/2089339 /prohibition-of-privately-owned-firearms-and-non-officialpersonally-owned-ammuni/
5. This change to reference (a) will be incorporated into the next revision of references (b) and (c).
6. The point of contact for this MARADMIN is the Branch Head, Law Enforcement, Investigations, and Corrections, Security Division, Plans, Policies, and Operations at COMM 703-692-4307.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General G. W. Smith Jr., Deputy Commandant, Plans, Policies, and Operations.//