R 191507Z MAR 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/RELEASE OF THE PREGNANCY AND POST-PARTUM PHYSICAL TRAINING GUIDEBOOK//
POC/LINDSEY SLYMAN/MAJ/UNIT: TECOM FORCE FITNESS DIVISION/EMAIL: LINDSEY.SLYMAN@USMC.MIL/COMM: (703)-432-2231//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the release of the Marine Corps Pregnancy and Post-Partum Physical Training Guidebook.
2. Background. The continued success of our warfighting organization is credited to the incredible talent of the individual Marine. To support mission readiness and operational requirements while remaining mindful of Marines and their family circumstances and considerations, Force Fitness Division (FFD), Training and Education Command (TECOM) has developed a guidebook to provide greater clarity for adaption of a physical training (PT) program to empower a pregnant or post-partum Marine to design her own PT regimen during this natural life event.
3. PT is vastly important and beneficial in all stages of a Marine’s life. Based on the most recent medical studies, the Marine Corps and the Department of the Navy’s Bureau of Medicine and Surgery recognize that PT activity during pregnancy and post-partum periods has proven benefits with minimal risk for most women; however, because each pregnancy is a very personal occurrence, pregnant and post-partum Marines must always first consult with a health care provider to ensure they are not in a high-risk category regarding physical activity.
4. The Pregnancy and Post-Partum Physical Training Guidebook reviews the benefits of a healthy lifestyle that include consistent PT, good nutrition, and proper sleep habits; while identifying considerations and concerns for PT during pregnancy and post-partum periods.
5. The guidebook can be found at https(slant)(slant)www.fitness. marines.mil
6. If you have questions about this guidebook please contact the FFD at email@example.com or (703) 784-2231.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by Major General William F. Mullen III, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//