R 261433Z MAR 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA UC//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY20) MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARD THREE RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.43B MCRC OE/YMD:20151029//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCRCO 1100.2A G-3/YMD:20160111//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 019/20/YMD:20200115//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/MCO 6100.13A CH-2/YMD:20191230//
REF/E/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 347/19/YMD:20190619//
REF/I/MSGID: DOC/FROST CALL 031-20/YMD:20200305//
REF/J/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 496/18/YMD:20180911//
REF/K/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.31 MMEA-6/YMD:20100908//
REF/L/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1524.1 MMOA-3/YMD:20190530//
REF/M/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 166/20/YMD:20200301//
NARR/REF (A) IS MCO 1040.43B ENLISTED TO OFFICER COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS. REF (B) IS MCRCO 1100.2A MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND OFFICER COMMISSIONING MANUAL (SHORT TITLE: MCRC OCM). REF (C) IS MARADMIN 019/20 RELEASE OF MARINE CORPS ORDER 6100.13A WITH CHANGE TWO. REF (D) IS MCO 6100.13A CH-2, MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS AND COMBAT FITNESS TESTS (PFT/CFT). REF (E) IS MARADMIN 347/19 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2020 MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARDS. REF (F) IS THE OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) MASTER PROJECTION PLAN (MPP) FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY-20). REF (G) IS THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY MANUAL OF MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (MANMED), CHAPTER 15. REF (H) IS THE WINTER 2020 OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL CLASS DATES, CANDIDATE PRE-SHIP PREPARATION AND REQUIREMENTS. REF (I) IS FROST CALL 013-20 CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19). REF(J)IS MARADMIN 496/18 UPDATE AND DIRECTED CHANGE 2 TO MCO 1040.31 ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF (K) IS MCO 1040.31 ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF (L) IS MCO 1524.1 THE MARINE CORPS GRADUATE EDUCATION PROGRAM (MCGEP). REF (M) IS MARADMIN 166/20 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2021 MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARDS.//
POC/MS. TROI SPENCER/CIV/UNIT: MCRC ON/E/-/TEL: (703) 784-9443//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Marines and Commands are responsible for reading the content of this MARADMIN in its entirety. The Commanding General Marine Corps Recruiting Command (CG, MCRC), by direction of the Commandant of the Marine Corps, has approved the subject named results. Per refs (a) through (f), all selected Marines will be scheduled to a 10-week Officer Candidates Class (OCC). Once the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) or the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute (NAMI) clears the selectees, MCRC will schedule Marines to the first available OCC.
Aguirremartinez, Javier R. 6672
Anderson, Brian C. 6176
Atwood, Robert A. 3537
Bahar Jr., Michael I. 0111
Barrett, Chad A. 0311
Bass, Elijah I. 0481
Battle, John D. 1371
Baumann III, William E. 5524
Bettis, Zachary M. 6469
Blain, Shane A. 0331
Bordies, Yahmise D. 0111
Boring, Zachery E. 3451
Calhoun, Morgan R. 6256
Clark, Giovanni G. 0311
Collom, Nicholas G. 0631
Culligan, Michael L. 3432
Daugherty, Reely B. 2171
Deleon, Juan J. 3451
Diez, David 6042
Eddington, Mark H. 7257
Ferris III, William C. 0341
Folkes, Ricky M. 2311
Fortunarodriguez, Bolivar B. 0311
Garcia, Tyler S. 0311
Gendill, Ernest E. 6531
Gonzalezllamas, David E. 3051
Griffeth, Christopher T. 0621
Grzeslo, Travis N. 1161
Gutierrezmorales, Roberto C. 3521
Hernandez, Juan A. 3044
Hill, Aaron C. 3521
Hughlett, Evan M. 2641
Iannone, Andrew S. 5954
James, Seth C. 0372
Jester, Jordan L. 3432
Johnson, Scott W. 3432
Kelleher, Collin J. 3531
Kim, Isaac C. 1341
Kring, Travis D. 7242
Langford, Daniel T. 0352
Luna, Stephanie 2651
Lund, James C. 0372
Maturino, Steven 7257
Mcguire, Dylan R. 2651
Mcphatter, Geovaron A. 0231
Morales, Michael D. 3531
Moss, Christopher D. 0365
Navejar, Ethan 7212
Norris, Sabrena D. 5524
Nunez, Nathan 4421
Patillo, Tevin H. 6483
Peel, Andrew S. 3451
Peraltarodriguez, Denni N. 0311
Pety, Joseph J. 3531
Pope, Dustin K. 6324
Posey, Brandon W. 0311
Romeroflores, Monique R. 3043
Sanders , Travis R. 5939
Smart, Brian E. 0811
Smith, James A. 7314
Soto, Daniel M. 0861
Southworth, Kevin J. 2146
Spear, Kyle M. 3043
Speed, Wanaiah D. 3043
Stanley Jr., James P. 1161
Sydnor Jr., Marcus A. 0111
Thomas, Davon T. 6317
Torres, Eduardo 0111
Witowski, Vincent A. 3043
Zamora, Arturo 3531
Alonso, Juan E. 0639
Baj, Adam M. 0331
Bohanan, Paul J. 6531
Bryon, Javier L. 3043
Buker, Zachary S. 0621
Busto, Katelynn L. 4531
Chesser, Jonathan D. 0211
Clingan, Kyle A. 0231
Cook, Zachary C. 0311
Crawford, Alyshia M. 6092
Cruz, Jose D. 0111
Dewyea , Curtis L. 5811
Diaz, Alberto J. 6153
Dzienis, Michael A. 6432
Franquez Jr., Oscar 0372
Fuentes Jr., Miguel A. 1349
Gulsrud, David K. 0311
Harrison, Stephen D. 6483
Hissong, Samuel E. 6694
Hnatovic, Kyle M. 6338
Howell, Tyler J. 6048
Jackson, Adam M. 0621
Jones, Robert J. 6156
Kamara, Thomas 1812
Kraska, Alexander J. 0261
Maxwell, Cameron J. 0351
Membrenomendoza, Joseph A. 3043
Mickelsen, Garrett R. 7051
Norman, Jennifer M. 1371
Ortizguerrero, Alberto 3043
Ostrander, Robert H. 3451
Ratzlaff, Matthew S. 2651
Rima, Davian D. 0671
Roach, Kyle O. 0431
Ruud, Nicholas J. 7041
Schneider, Jacob L. 0369
Tobias, Bradley M. 1341
Tracy, Morgan L. 3531
2. Non-selects. Marines who were not selected refer to ref (a) chapter one. For more information and career counseling, call DSN 278-9241 or commercial (703) 784-9241 or 1-(800)-833-2320 or visit their website at www.manpower.usmc.mil. Select 'top requests' then 'Enlisted Career Counselors'. Reasons for non-selection cannot be provided by MCRC or the career counselors; however, career counselors can evaluate Marines' Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) to help gain insight on improving their competitiveness. Marines and/or Commands who would like to receive a copy of the board statistics must send a written request via email to the MCRC point of contact (POC) in paragraph 17.
3. Parent Commands of selected Marines must ensure any page 11, submitted with the Marines' applications, are run in their OMPFs. Commands must also ensure all selected Marines have an adjudicated security clearance prior to attending OCS per ref (a) chapter one.
4. To ensure Marines are prepared for the next chapter in their careers, Commands will assign a Company Grade Officer within their commands as a mentor within one week of release of this MARADMIN. The Marine Officer will assist with a physical training regimen that will prepare them for the rigorous demands of OCS. Additionally, the Marine Officer should mentor the Marines to ensure they are aware of and prepared for the expectations at OCS, The Basic School (TBS), and life as a Company Grade Officer. Assistance and additional information can be found at website www.trngcmd.marines.mil. Select "Units", then "OCS" or "TBS". The OCS Physical Training Preparation Pack is listed at www.trngcmd.marines.mil/Units/Northeast/Officer-Candidates-School/GENERAL-INFORMATION/PHYSICAL-FITNESS-DOCUMENTS/. Further links for academics preparation and overall OCS curriculum can be found on the OCS web page.
5. POC information. Marines are directed to send their current POC information electronically to both the MCRC POC listed in paragraph 17 and the OCS POC listed in paragraph 18, within one week from release of this MARADMIN. Email subject line must read “last name (Program) Select POC information.” Marines are directed to use the Enlisted to Officer select POC information sample on the MCRC website at www.mcrc.marines.mil. Select "Marine Officer", then "Officer Naval/Enlisted Applicants". The E-O select POC information sample is located under "General Forms". Marines must submit the Microsoft Word version of POC format without signatures. An update must be provided if there are any changes to the original POC sheet to include personnel changes. Marines are directed to provide POC information for each level of their administrative endorsing chains of command as directed on the POC sheet. Marines are also directed to notify their primary military occupational specialty monitors of their selections and provide the MARADMIN number that references their names as selectees.
6. Selected Active Reserve (AR) Marines must be non-competitively augmented to the active component at the time of selection. To accomplish this, the AR select must initiate a Prior Service Enlisted Package to Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA-1) via their Career Planners to coordinate the augmentation per ref (e).
7. Commands and Marines. Refer to ref (a) chapter one for information pertaining to status change or removal recommendations. Formal requests for declinations, removal from the programs, OCS deferments, or OCS final attempts must be forwarded in standard naval correspondence format with justification, via the Marines' administrative endorsing chains of command through the General Officer level, to CG, MCRC. Marines are directed to forward a courtesy copy of the initial requests with parent command endorsement, electronically, to MCRC POC in paragraph 17 pending receipt of all endorsements. Marines who do not attend the first two OCS classes after selection will automatically be disenrolled from the program unless deferred by MCRC. Deployment and command staffing are not justification for OCS deferment. Marines are expected to attend OCS immediately upon notification of medical qualifications.
8. Medical. Marines must be determined medically qualified by BUMED for ground physicals or NAMI for aviation physicals per ref (f), before MCRC can schedule them to attend OCS. Both BUMED and NAMI require a minimum of 30 days to process medical documents effectively upon the release of the selection MARADMIN, to make a determination. Marines who require additional medical documents will be contacted by the MCRC POC. Each additional medical information submitted by the Marines, will restart the 30 day process for medical determinations. Commands and Marines are not authorized to contact or forward any medical documents directly to BUMED. OCS class dates are tentative and subject to change. Marines are not guaranteed to attend the OCS class that aligns with the board they were selected on. Marines who are not contacted 30 days prior to a scheduled OCC class, will be automatically deferred by MCRC to the next available OCS class once determined medically qualified. Refer to ref (a), Commander's Intent, pertaining to OCS opportunities. All selected and deferred Marines will be notified by the MCRC POC once a medical determination of physical qualification or physical disqualification has been made by either BUMED or NAMI. Marines who sustain an injury prior to reporting to OCS, must immediately contact the MCRC POC in paragraph 17 and provide supporting medical documents to injury sustained. Questions only pertaining to the requirements for additional medical documents as requested by BUMED or NAMI should be directed to the MCRC medical reviewers at (703) 784-9426. Questions pertaining to status of BUMED or NAMI medical determinations should only be directed to MCRC POC in paragraph 17. Additional medical documents requested must be forwarded directly to the MCRC POC in paragraph 17.
9. Pre-OCS information.
a. Commands and Marines are directed to use the OCS website referenced in paragraph four and the MCRC website referenced in paragraph five of this MARADMIN. For the OCS website, select the"Candidates Information" to prepare for OCS, and for pertinent OCS information.
b. Marines are directed to use refs (c), (d) and (h) and the OCS website listed in paragraph four for specific requirements concerning arrival information, dress codes, required gear, grooming standards, fitness reports, medical requirements, administrative requirements, physical fitness test (PFT) scoring, and fitness preparation until the release of the Summer 2020 letter.
c. OCC 234 convenes 30 May 2020. All selectees listed in this MARADMIN and deferred Marines who have been notified by MCRC POC to attend OCC 234 are directed to submit 20 February 2020 version of the pre-ship checklist located on the OCS and MCRC websites, to the MCRC POC in paragraph 17 by 22 April 2020. Officers in Charge and Marines are responsible to ensure all information on pre-ship checklists are completely filled out, to include PFT, height, weight, max weight, body fat percentages, and signatures. Marines who are over the max weight will submit full length color photos in physical training (PT) gear (green shorts-green t-shirt) from each body angle (both sides-front-back). PT shirts and shorts for females and PT shorts and no shirts for males. Marines who are not in receipt of OCS orders when completing the checklist will mark "No" for question 27 and state, "awaiting medical qualification and/or funding letter."
d. A minimum PFT score of 220 is required for shipping and inducting into OCS. Pre-ship PFTs must be taken no earlier than 30 March 2020, and no later than 22 April 2020, and annotated in the PFT portion of the checklist. This requirement supercedes the requirements stated in ref (h). Below are the additional PFT event requirements for males and females.
(1) Pull ups minimum is 8 reps
(2) Push ups minimum is 62 reps
(3) Crunches minimum is 70 reps
(4) Planks minimum is 1 min 3 secs
(5) 3 miles run minimum is 24 mins
(1) Pull ups minimum is by age as listed below:
(a) 17-20 - 1
(b) 21-25 - 3
(c) 26-30 - 4
(d) 31-35 - 3
(2) Push ups minimum is 34 reps
(3) Crunches minimum is 70 reps
(4) Planks minimum is 1 min 3 secs
(5) 3 miles run minimum is 27 mins
Commands must ensure the Marines' PFT information are within the above requirements prior to submission of checklist. Marines who do not meet the above requirements are not eligible to report to scheduled OCC, and will be disenrolled from their respective programs. Do not send checklists to OCS POC in paragraph 18.
e. All "yes" answers to questions, 5 through 10 on the checklist that have not been previously disclosed or waived by MCRC at time of the application, must include the signed applicable forms and signed detailed handwritten statements explaining events, to include supporting documents per ref (e).
f. If a Marine has an active security clearance that is adjudicated, question 32 does not apply to him/her. Marines who do not have an adjudicated clearance cannot report to OCS until the clearance has been adjudicated as directed per chapter one of ref (a). An updated security clearance letter must be forwarded once the clearance is adjudicated.
g. All Marines scheduled for OCC 234 will hand carry their medical records to OCS. This requirement supercedes the requirements stated in ref (h).
10. Due to the increasing cases of the Coronavirus Disease 2019(COVID-19) and for the safety of Marines and all personnel involved, the following must be implemented immediately per ref (i). Any selected Marines subject to prohibitions of travel from exclusionary zones due to COVID-19, will be deferred to a future OCC.
a. All selectees listed in this MARADMIN and deferred Marines who have been notified by MCRC POC to attend OCC 234 are directed to submit enclosure (1) in ref (i) along with their pre-ship checklist by 22 April 2020. Enclosure (1) can be found on the MCRC website at www.mcrc.marines.mil. Select "Marine Officer", then "Officer Naval/Enlisted Applicants". The Coronavirus Questionnaire is located under "General Forms". Commanders are required to ensure accurate completion of enclosure (1) and pre-ship checklists.
b. All Marines who are confirmed for attending OCC 234, and have received a funding letter from the MCRC POC, must complete enclosure (1) in ref (i) no earlier than 27 May 2020 and hand-carry it to OCS with them. Commanders are also required to ensure that Marines have a temperature taken no earlier than 27 May 2020. Any temperature taken over 100.4 degrees will necessitate a "yes" answer on Question 2 of the Coronavirus Questionnaire. Any Marine who answers "yes" on any question on the Coronavirus Questionnaire must submit questionnaire to MCRC POC in paragraph 17 immediately. Marines who select "yes" to any question on the questionnaire will be retained in their respective program and deferred to a later OCC. Failure to provide the above information will result in removal from the scheduled OCS class.
11. Funding. Selected Marines and Marines deferred from previous boards, determined medically qualified by BUMED, will be notified of their medical qualifications by the MCRC POC in paragraph 17. Upon notification, a funding letter will be provided, with additional guidance, to the scheduled Marines to submit to their parent commands for issuance of Temporary Additional Duty orders to attend OCS. Questions concerning funding should be directed to the POC email located in the funding letter or the Marines Defense Travel System (DTS) administrators. AR Marines must submit an updated copy of their basic individual record to verify their component changes before a funding letter can be provided to them. RECP and MCP-R selects and deferred Marines, from previous boards determined medically qualified by BUMED, will be notified by MCRC POC. After that they should contact Reserve Affairs (RAM) at commercial (703) 784-9136 or email email@example.com for orders-writing instructions. Within one week of receiving funding letters, all scheduled Marines are directed to forward a or b, electronically to the MCRC POC in paragraph 17, regardless of the status of their orders:
a. Respond "privately owned vehicle" (POV) or "drop off to OCS" or
b. A copy of tentative flight itinerary to and from OCS from the government travel agency (provide updated itinerary once approved). Additionally, Marines whose flights arrive prior to report date must provide intent to OCS by stating "OCS shuttle" or "drop off". Once orders are approved, scheduled Marines are required to provide to the MCRC POC in paragraph 17 one of the following:
c. Marines on non-local funded travel (over 50 miles) must provide a copy of approved DTS or DD Form 1610 orders with the Training and Education Command line of accounting accounting classification or
d. Marines on local non-funded travel must provide command endorsed orders. All above information must be received by MCRC POC in paragraph 17 within established deadlines above or no later than five days prior to reporting to OCS. Failure to provide the above information can result in removal from the scheduled OCS class and possible disenrollment from respective programs.
12. Post OCS graduation. After graduation from OCS, Marines will report back to their parent commands or directed duty stations. All claims for travel reimbursements must be completed within five days upon return to parent commands or directed duty stations. ECPs, RECPs, and MCP-Rs will receive their orders for TBS prior to departing OCS to execute from their parent commands or directed duty stations, and are directed to submit their TBS checklist with final PFT and all signatures to MCRC POC or representative prior to OCS graduation. Upon verification of graduation from OCS and receipt of a NROTC-affiliated school acceptance letter with directed semester start outlined in ref (e), the MCRC POC will request via Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or Permanent Change of Assignment (PCA) orders for MECEPs. Acceptance letters received close to the end of the fiscal year or in the event of a government shutdown, may experience a delay in orders due to funding restrictions. Upon submission of a school acceptance letter, MECEPs will receive PCS or PCA orders to the NROTC-affiliated schools as directed. Orders will not be requested if the timeframe from receipt of acceptance letter to MCRC and the NROTC-affiliated school no later than date provided at OCS by MCRC POC is not a minimum of 60 days. Exceptions to this policy will not be made except for PCA moves or extenuating medical circumstances. Supporting documentation must be submitted for review and approval. MECEPs are not authorized to initiate any PCS or PCA moves prior to being issued orders. MECEPs are not authorized to report earlier than established NLT date aligned with the OCC they attend without proper justification with supporting documentation and email with a new date from MOIs at NROTC-affiliated schools. Commanding General MCRC is the final approval. Formal requests, for an earlier start to NROTC-affiliated schools, must include an acceptance letter, and must be routed via parent command prior to reporting to OCS in basic naval correspondence format. MECEPs refer to refs (a), (j), and (k) for obligated service and pertinent information. Questions pertaining to re-enlistments/ extensions per ref (h) should be directed to MMEA-1 at DSN 378-9235 or (703) 784-9235. Enlistment/Reenlistment must be approved prior to executing PCS/PCA orders. MECEPS whose enlistment/reenlistments have not been approved and have a limited timeline to execute orders, please contact the MCRC POC in paragraph 16 of this MARADMIN for assistance. MECEPs are directed to contact the Marine Officer Instructor or Assistant Marine Officer Instructor at their prospective NROTC-affiliated schools listed at website www.nrotc.navy.mil for introductions and other pertinent information. MECEPS are not authorized to attend listed NROTC schools on above website that annotate Registered Nurse (RN) option only or Navy option only. MECEPs are not authorized to attend graduate schools. MECEPs are not authorized PCS moves from their original college or universities without prior approval from MCRC. Only NROTC-affiliated schools will be accepted. Waivers to attend non-NROTC-affiliated schools are not authorized. Acceptance letters, which are not received within one year of OCS graduation, will be an automatic disenrollment from MECEP.
13. Additional information.
a. Marines are considered officer candidates while attending OCS, and are entitled to pay and allowances commensurate with the enlisted grade shown on the original orders to OCS, but not less than that prescribed for a sergeant. Upon completion of training at OCS, the original pay and allowances for corporals and below will be restored.
b. Officer candidates who are disenrolled and do not successfully graduate OCS will return to their parent commands or directed duty stations. MCRC POC will provide official notification of disenrollment with next course of action upon receipt of official disenrollment package from OCS.
c. Officer candidates are required to participate in training for a minimum period of four weeks, before any voluntary request for disenrollment will be considered. The Commanding Officer (CO), OCS,
is authorized to effect involuntary disenrollment for a cause during any phase of the training. The CO, OCS, can recommend an OCS class outside the authorized 10-week class for E-O applicants who are disenrolled from OCS however, CG MCRC, is the final adjudicating official.
14. Officer candidates must ensure prior to departing OCS that they obtain their medical records and record books (if applicable).
15. Post TBS information.
a. The Commandant's Education Board, which selects Marine Officers to attend graduate schools between the grades of first lieutenant and major, requires Marines to have qualifying calculus and science classes for selection to certain programs (e.g. Naval Postgraduate School, Air Force Institute of Technology, and DARPA Fellowships). For this reason, MECEP students are highly encouraged to pursue degrees within Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) curriculums in order to qualify for these graduate education and fellowship opportunities. Marines who pursue non-STEM degrees are likewise encouraged to take calculus I and II and calculus-based science classes to qualify for selection to these programs in the future. Refer to ref (l) for more information.
16. As a reminder and per ref (m), the next selection board application deadline is 10 April 2020. The FY21 Board One will convene 15 June 2020. The electronic applications and application processes have changed. Program requirements must be met prior to application submission. Marines who do not meet the program requirements at the time of application must apply to the next available board once requirements are met. Waivers of eligibility requirements will not be considered.
17. The MCRC POC for this MARADMIN is Ms. Troi Spencer. Please refer to POC information at the beginning of this MARADMIN. For email correspondence email firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. The OCS POC is Student Activities Section at commercial (703) 784-2077, or email OCS_CSA@usmc.mil.
19. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
20. This MARADMIN is cancelled 1 March 2021.
21. Release authorized by Major General James W. Bierman, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command.//