R 301758Z MAR 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L LP WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/UPDATE TO 2020 PEAK MOVING SEASON PREPARATIONS//
REF/A/DTG/R 111815Z MAR 20//
REF/B/MEMO/DEPUTY SECRETARY OF DEFENSE MEMORANDUM DATED 13 MAR 20//
REF/C/MEMO/ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF NAVY MEMORANDUM DATED 18 MAR 20//
REF/D/MEMO/ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF NAVY MEMORANDUM DATED 21 MAR 20//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 159/20: 2020 PEAK MOVING SEASON PREPARATIONS. REF B IS STOP MOVEMENT FOR ALL DOMESTIC TRAVEL FOR DOD COMPONENTS IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019. REF C IS GUIDANCE PERTAINING TO ACCESSION TRAVEL. REF D IS GLOBAL AUTHORIZED DEPARTURE (AD). REF E IS UPDATE #1: U.S. MARINE CORPS DISEASE CONTAINMENT PREPAREDNESS PLANNING GUIDANCE FOR 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19); COMMANDERS RISK-BASED MEASURED RESPONSES. REF F IS UPDATE #2: U.S MARINE CORPS DISEASE CONTAINMENT PREPAREDNESS PLANNING GUIDANCE FOR 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19); TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS AND PERSONNEL GUIDANCE FOR TRAVEL. REF G IS UPDATE #3: U.S MARINE CORPS DISEASE CONTAINMENT PREPAREDNESS PLANNING GUIDANCE FOR 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19); STOP MOVEMENT. REF H IS COVID-19 SUPPLEMENTAL PERSONNEL GUIDANCE FOR COMMANDERS; REF I IS UPDATE #4: U.S. MARINE CORPS DISEASE CONTAINMENT PREPAREDNESS PLANNING GUIDANCE FOR 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19); STOP MOVEMENT.//
POC/F. D. HYDEN/CIV/LPD-2/TEL: (703) 695-7765/ EMAIL: FREDERICK.HYDEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/B. S. IMLER/CIV/LPD-2/TEL: (703) 695-7765/ EMAIL: BRIAN.IMLER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to provide an update to Marines, Civilian Marines, and their Families, including pets, conducting a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move during peakseason (15 May through 31 August 2020) who may be affected by COVID-19 restrictions.
2. Situation. The continuing spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) necessitates immediate implementation of travel and transportation restrictions for domestic and overseas Department of Defense (DoD) travel. These restrictions are necessary to preserve force readiness, limit the continuing spread of the virus, and preserve the health and welfare of Service members, DoD civilian employees, their families, and the local communities in which we live.
3. Official Government Travel both CONUS and OCONUS remains highly restricted and very fluid. All Marines, Civilian Marines and dependents in a travel status or approved to travel must keep in daily contact with the airlines, losing/gaining units and OCONUS sponsor for the latest. Please see refs (A) through (I) for more information concerning travel policy during the COVID-19 outbreak.
4. Amplifying guidance for Household Goods (HHG) and Unaccompanied Baggage (UB) storage/shipment requests, including Personally Procured Moves (PPM) and Privately-Owned Vehicles (POV), based on the current Stop Movement.
4.a. All Marine Corps military and civilian PCS moves have been stopped until 11 May 2020 for CONUS moves and 24 May for OCONUS moves based on ref (I). The following paragraph provides exceptions that allow for continuing the process of shipping or storing HHG in conjunction with an approved PCS order.
4.c. Shipments that have already started the pack out process.
4.d. Shipments for approved Retirement and Separation.
4.e. Shipments for Deceased Marines.
4.f. Shipments for Marines in the Accession Pipeline (through intermediate training stops to the first Permanent Duty Station).
4.g. Shipments when a delegated authority in refs (F) through (I) has approved the Marine to continue the PCS process based on mission essential designation, necessary for humanitarian reasons, or due to extreme hardship.
4.h. Shipment pickups and deliveries supporting local moves from off-base to on-base, on-base to on-base, and on-base to off-base supporting retirement and separation, or local moves directed by the installation commander.
4.i. For all other HHG shipments that have been processed, but no physical action has started (i.e. not packed or picked up), the Marine will contact the local Personal Property Office to arrange for a new pickup date to take place after the Stop Movement Order expires.
4.j. In the event an exception is needed to maintain existing move dates based on a unique circumstance, including but NOT limited to the sale of a home or termination of a lease or privatized housing, and is directly attributed to COVID-19 Stop Movement orders, the Detaching Commander or Officer in Charge (first O-5 or above) is designated as the approving official for the pickup and storage/shipment of HHGs/UB/POV only. The approving official will provide an endorsement that includes the Marine's justification associated with executing the shipment/storage of HHGs/UB/POV during the Stop Movement period.
4.k. PPMs can be performed by Marines or designated dependents as part of an approved local move but are not authorized when PCS Travel has not been approved.
5. Transporting Pets.
5.a. Commercial Pet Transportation.
5.a.1. United Airlines Return Home Exception and Pet Safe Programs are suspended until further notice.
5.a.2. Recent policy to embargo all international pet shipments is necessary as United’s flight schedule is very fluid and unstable at this time; cancellations and/or suspensions of service could occur at any time.
5.a.3. GSA website with more information concerning Airline Pet
5.b. AMC Patriot Express Pet spaces. Pet movement on the AMC-PE is limited to passengers in PCS status only. Pet spaces are booked on a first come, first served basis. To book pet spaces, contact your local Distribution Management Office as early as possible. Orders are not required at time of booking and reservations are limited to two pets per family. Pets must be accompanied by their owner and transported at owner’s expense unless there is an ordered evacuation IAW the JTR.
6. Authority to waive restrictions on PCS Travel: IAW ref (I).
7. Release authorized by BGen D. W. Maxwell, Assistant Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics (LP).//