R 312102Z MAR 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO PS//
SUBJ/SUSPENSION OF MARINE CORPS LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19//
REF/A/MCO 5580.2B CH 2//
REF/C/MCBUL 5580 DTD 31 DEC 19//
REF/I/CMC WHITE LETTER 1-20//
NARR/REF (A) IS THE MARINE CORPS LAW ENFORCEMENT (LE) MANUAL. REF (B) IS THE MARINE CORPS CIVILIAN LE POLICY. REF (C) IS THE MINIMUM TRAINING STANDARDS FOR MARINE CORPS LE PERSONNEL ASSIGNED TO PROVOST MARSHAL OFFICES (PMO) AND MARINE CORPS POLICE DEPARTMENTS (MCPD). REF (D) IS U.S. MARINE CORPS DISEASE CONTAINMENT PREPAREDNESS PLANNING GUIDANCE FOR 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19). IT INSTRUCTS COMMANDERS AT ALL LEVELS TO TAKE ACTIONS NECESSARY TO REVIEW AND VALIDATE DISEASE CONTAINMENT PLANS AND TAKE PREPARATORY AND PRECAUTIONARY ACTIONS TO ENSURE THE VIRUS DOES NOT INCAPACITATE U.S. MARINE CORPS FORCES WORLDWIDE. REF (E) IS UPDATE #1 TO REF (D), PROVIDING SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE FOR RISK-BASED FRAMEWORK TO GUIDE PLANNING, POSTURE, AND ACTIONS NECESSARY TO PROTECT U.S. MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL. THIS INCLUDES REPORTING AND MEASURES TAKEN WHEN PERSONNEL ARE IDENTIFIED AS INFECTED OR POTENTIALLY INFECTED, AND TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS TO/FROM AREAS OF MODERATE AND SIGNIFICANT RISK OF INFECTION. REF (F) IS UPDATE #2 TO REF (D) AND (E), PROVIDING SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE ON TRAVEL AND FORCE HEALTH PROTECTION. GUIDANCE IS GIVEN FOR RESTRICTION OF MOVEMENT FOR CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF TRAVEL. REF (G) IS UPDATE #3 TO REF (D)-(F), PROVIDING SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE FOR DOMESTIC TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 MAY 2020. REF (H) IS UPDATE #4 TO REF (D)-(G), PROVIDING SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE FOR OVERSEAS TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT UNTIL 24 MAY 2020. REF (I) IS COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS WHITE LETTER 1-20 DIRECTING COMMANDERS TO IMPLEMENT ALL NECESSARY MEASURES TO PROTECT THE FORCE AGAINST FURTHER EXPOSURE TO COVID-19.//
POC 1/W. P. WILLIAMS/MAJ/OPERATIONS OFFICER/DEPUTY SUPPORTING ESTABLISHMENT LE, PLANS, POLICIES, AND OPERATIONS (PP&O), SECURITY DIVISION (PS), LAW ENFORCEMENT, INVESTIGATIONS, AND CORRECTIONS BRANCH (PSL)/TEL: 703-692-4249/E-MAIL: WAYNE.P.WILLIAMS@USMC.MIL//
POC 2/W. H. KARTUNE/MGYSGT/BRANCH CHIEF, PP&O, PS, PSL/TEL: 703-692-4231/E-MAIL: WILLIAM.H.KARTUNE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEX/RMKS/1. This message announces the temporary suspension of Marine Corps LE training required per references (a)-(c) until 1 June 2020. The suspension of training will reduce unnecessary exposure to COVID-19 for Marine Corps LE personnel assigned to PMO and MCPD caused by training. The intent is to protect Marine Corps LE personnel to continue le operations without disruption. Additionally, required facilities and personnel have become unavailable to support le training events.
2. Provost Marshals (PM) and Police Chiefs (PC) who determine certain LE training can be conducted within the restrictions prescribed in references (d)-(i), shall do so to maintain readiness. PM/PC shall maximize the use of online and remote training when practical.
3. Only training that cannot be conducted by alternate means, aligned with current COVID-19 restrictions per ref (d)-(i) is waived. For training events that cannot be accomplished, a memorandum for the record shall be completed and retained with the annual training plan.
4. There is no waiver for use of force online training and the use of force/deadly force acknowledgement form.
5. This message does not preclude PM/PC from conducting corrective action or remedial training.
6. Guidance for resuming LE training shall be sent via separate correspondence.
7. Release authorized by SES Randy R. Smith, Assistant Deputy Commandant (Security).//