R 011733Z APR 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC I//
SUBJ/EXTENSION OF DEFENSE LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TEST (DLPT) SCORES THROUGH OPERATIONAL IMPACTS OF 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)//
REF/A/MSGID:DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD:20160927//
POC/HQMC DCI IID IIS/MARINECORPS_FOREIGNLANGUAGEPROGRAM@USMC.MIL/TEL: DSN 224-1161//
NARR/REF (A) IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER ON THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY BONUS PROGRAM, MCO 7220.52F. REF//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Education centers across the Marine Corps have closed or have limited availability to offer testing as part of the COVID-19 response.
2. All Defense Language Proficiency Tests (DLPT) that expire between 16 March 2020 and 1 June 2020 have been extended for 60 days to allow Marines time to recertify once the testing centers resume normal operations.
3. Per ref (a), Marines who are entitled to a Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus (FLPB) are required to recertify annually by taking the DLPT. Due to the limited capacity for Marines to recertify, all previously authorized FLPB entitlements have been extended to match the amended test expiration dates.
4. As the Marine Corps’ response to COVID-19 evolves, DLPTs will continue to be extended in 60-day increments until normal operations resume at testing centers. A future MARADMIN will announce when testing centers resume normal operations and DLPT scores will no longer be extended.
5. DLPT Extensions for COVID-19 responses are processed by Headquarters Marine Corps and no action is required by commands, personnel administration centers, or individual Marines.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by Ms. J. D. Cole, SNIS, Intelligence Community Coordinator, U.S. Marine Corps.//