R 061452Z APR 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC CDI WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) FY20 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #2 AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR FY20 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #3//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/R 271900Z AUG 18//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED RESULTS OF THE 4TH QTR FY19 AND THE 1ST QTR FY20 MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) STUDY REVIEW BOARD AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 2ND QTR FY20. REF B IS MCO 3902.1D, MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS)//
POC/JAMES A. EVANS/GS15/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8124/EMAIL: JAMES.A.EVANS@USMC.MIL//
POC/LISA R.WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL: 703-784-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per reference (a), this message announces the results of the 2nd QTR FY20 and announces the FY20 studies review board #3 call for studies.
2. Tier I nominations are those considered appropriate, and Meet the criteria provided in reference (b), as delineated by The Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and Deputy Commandant For Combat Development and Integration (DC, CD and I). These Nominations will commence as studies as soon as possible. Tier II nominations are those found to be analytically sound, but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g. refinement of study scope).
3. The following study nominations are tier i (sponsor in parentheses).
3.a. Amphibious Combat Vehicle Organic Anti-Armor Study (DC, CD and I)
3.b. Cost-benefit analysis of increased reliance on appropriated funds in Marine and Family Programs Division (DC, M and RA)
3.c. Enlisted recruit quality (DC, M and RA)
3.d. Organic precision fires - mounted study (dc, cd and i)
3.e. Pre-approval of Marine Corps reenlistment requests using MCTFS data (DC, M and RA)
3.f. Unmanned Logistics Air (ULS-A) Capability Analysis (DC, CD and I)
4. The following studies are Tier II:
4.a. CBA to determine the feasibility of relocating Marine Corps Communication-Electronics School (MCCES) MCCES from Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) 29 palms ca to fort Gordon GA (CG, TECOM)
4.b. Combat modeling for combat active replacement factor estimation, PHASE II: table of authorized materiel control number level detail (DC, I and L)
4.c. Determine the feasibility of re-organizing the Marine Fleet Replacement Squadrons (FRS) under Training Command (CG, TECOM)
4.d. Impact of unstructured manpower requirements and augments on readiness (DC, PP and O)
4.e. Light armored vehicle electromagnetic signature baseline study (DC, CD and I)
4.f. Manning and training of Marine Corps Security Force Battalions (COM, MARFORCOM)
4.g. Sustainment study for Marine Littoral Regiment (MLR) Structure (DC, I and L)
5. The Operations Analysis Directorate (OAD) government study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency Point of Contact (POC) as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed above were declined for execution. Pocs For declined study nominations will be contacted via email by The Director, External Analysis Division, OAD.
6. Marine Corps commands and activities that have commissioned studies and analysis outside of the Marine Corps Studies System (MCSS) are required to notify OAD of such initiatives, to include the purpose and scope of their respective efforts. Additionally, electronic copies of completed studies and analytical efforts shall be provided to oad for inclusion into the MCSS repository. This can be accomplished by emailing: OAD_studies@usmc.mil.
7. This message also announces the MCSS call for studies for the FY20 studies review board #3 and solicits nominations for relevant and impactful studies. The nomination period is the date this message is published through 12 August 2020 with the Studies Review Board (SRB) scheduled for 18 August 2020.
7.a. Nominations may be submitted at any time; however, studies that are not an immediate priority will be held to the next SRB. Once a nomination has been submitted, you will be contacted within ten business days to begin the nomination refining process.
7.b. Study nominations related to direction and guidance contained in the 38th Commandant’s Planning Guidance will be given precedence over all others. Specifically, priority will be given to study nominations in the areas of force design, warfighting, education and training, expeditionary advanced base operations, amphibious warfare, naval integration, manned-unmanned teams, anti-air, anti-ship, marine littoral regiment, pre-positioning, logistics in the fleet marine force, objective network, command and leadership, talent management, and core values.
7.c. Study nominations are to be submitted digitally at the OAD intelshare portal: https(slash)(slash)intelshare.intelink.gov/sites/oad/sitepages/submit study nomination.aspx. To create an intelink account, register on the intelink hompage: https(slash)(slash)intelink.gov. For technical difficulties related to the portal, please email: OAD_studies@usmc.mil.
8. Assistance and consultation in shaping study nominations is available from the Director, External Analysis Division, OAD, Mr. James Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain additional information regarding OAD study nomination submissions, please visit http:(slash)(slash)www.mccdc.marines.mil/units/oad/marine-corps-study-system.aspx.
9. Questions regarding the MCSS process may be directed to Lisa Watts, email: email@example.com.
10. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Eric M. Smith, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//