R 222049Z APR 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCCDC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST, COMBAT FITNESS TEST, AND BODY COMPOSITION PROGRAM ADVISORY 1-20//
REF/B/MCO 6100.13A WITH CHANGE 2//20 DEC 19//
REF/C/MCO 6110.3A WITH CHANGE 1 AND ADMIN CHANGE//16 APR 19//
NARR/REF A DEFINES SOCIAL DISTANCING RESTRICTIONS DUE TO COVID-19//
REF B IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 6100.13A WITH CHANGE 2 MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT) AND COMBAT FITNESS TEST (CFT)//REF C IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 6110.3A WITH CHANGE 1 AND ADMIN CHANGE MARINE CORPS BODY COMPOSITION AND MILITARY APPEARANCE PROGRAM//
POC/ADAM S.UNKLE/MAJ/UNIT: TECOM HUMAN PERFORMANCE DIVISION/ EMAIL: ADAM.S.UNKLE@USMC.MIL//COMM: (703) 784-2231 OR (571) 466-0810//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Due to social distancing restrictions defined in reference (a), some requirements and standards listed in references (b) and (c) are currently not able to be executed. This advisory announces the cancellation of the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) as a semi-annual requirement for Calendar Year (CY) 2020, suspension of any make-up Combat Fitness Tests (CFT) during COVID-19 restrictions, and suspension of circumference measurements as part of the Body Composition Program (BCP).
2. PFT. All Marines who have not conducted the PFT prior to the publishing of this MARADMIN will not conduct a PFT for the duration of CY 2020 unless authorized to do so per paragraph 4. This MARADMIN waives the PFT requirement for this semi-annual period.
2.A. For Marine Corps Training Information Management System data entry purposes, Code “9” will be entered for all Marines who have not taken the PFT for CY 2020 citing this MARADMIN as the reference.
2.B. Fitness reports. For fitness reports due on or before 30 June 2020, reporting officials shall mark “N” for “not required” in section I, item 8b and shall enter the following directed comment: “PFT not required due to COVID-19 restrictions.”
3. CFT. Per reference (b), Marines who are post-light/limited duty who did not take a partial CFT for the annual requirement in 2019 due to physical/medical reasons, will be administered a CFT no less than 30 days and no more than 90 days after return to full duty. In cases such as these, the requirement for the CFT is suspended, until the COVID-19 social distancing restrictions have been lifted.
4. Exception to this policy are Marines required to conduct a PFT/CFT for the purpose of a Command Screening Checklist prior to attending specified schools, courses and Special Duty Assignments.
5. BCP. Circumference measurements as part of the body composition evaluation (BCE) utilized in the BCP are suspended during COVID-19 restrictions. For Marines already assigned to BCP, commands will execute the program within guidelines of reference (c) with the exception of circumference measurements during COVID-19 restrictions.
5.A. If a Marine is within height/weight standards at the end of their six month assignment, they will be removed from BCP. If a Marine is not within height/weight standards at the end of their assignment, Marines will remain on BCP until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and circumference measurements can be conducted. This particular instance does not count as a second assignment or as a BCP extension as normally defined in reference (c).
6. For questions regarding this guidance please contact the Human Performance Division at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional fitness resources can be found at www.fitness.marines.mil.
7. Additional advisories will be released as required.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Eric M. Smith, Commanding General, Marine Corps Combat Development Command.//