R 302055Z APR 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC MRA DAG SECT WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/MANPOWER SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE TO PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST, COMBAT FITNESS TEST, AND BODY COMPOSITION PROGRAM ADVISORY 1-20//
REF/A/MARADMIN 260/20 222049Z APR 20//
REF/B/MARADMIN 162/20 130130Z MAR 20//
REF/C/MCO 6100.13A WITH CHANGE 2/20 DEC 2019//
REF/D/MCO 6110.3A WITH CHANGE 1 AND ADMIN CHANGE/16 APR 2019//
REF/E/MCO 1610.7A/01 MAY 2018//
REF/F/MCO 1040R.35/02 MAY 2011//
REF/G/MCO 1900.16/15 FEB 2019//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCES THE CANCELLATION OF THE PFT AS A SEMI-ANNUAL REQUIREMENT FOR CALENDAR YEAR 20. REF B DEFINES SOCIAL DISTANCING RESTRICTIONS DUE TO COVID-19. REF C IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 6100.13A WITH CHANGE 2 MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT) AND COMBAT FITNESS TEST (CFT). REF D IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 6110.3A WITH CHANGE 1 AND ADMIN CHANGE MARINE CORPS BODY COMPOSITION AND MILITARY APPEARANCE PROGRAM. REF E IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1610.7A PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM (PES)//
POC/ADAM S.UNKLE/MAJ/UNIT: TECOM HUMAN PERFORMANCE DIVISION/EMAIL: ADAM.S.UNKLE@USMC.MIL/COMM: (703)-784-2231 OR (571)-466-0810//
POC/UNIT: MMRP-31 PERFORMANCE EVALUATION POLICY/EMAIL: SMB.MANPOWER.MMRP-31@USMC.MIL//
POC/CHRIS ASHINHURST/MAJ/UNIT: MMEA-1 ENLISTED RETENTION/EMAIL/CHRISTOPHER.ASHINHUR@USMC.MIL/COMM: (703)-432-9124//
POC/ARBENZ CRUZ/MGYSGT/UNIT: MMEA-1 ENLISTED RETENTION/EMAIL/ARBENZ.CRUZ@USMC.MIL/COMM: (703)-432-9125//
POC/KEVIN L. BROWN/MGYSGT/UNIT: RA POLICY BRANCH/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL OR KEVIN.L.BROWN5@USMC.MIL/COMM: 703-784-0583//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides amplifying and detailed Manpower guidance to reference (a) for calendar year (CY) 2020 PFT, suspension of any make-up Combat Fitness Tests (CFT) during COVID-19 restrictions, and suspension of circumference measurements as part of the Body Composition Program (BCP).
2. Reference (a) waived the annual PFT requirement for the CY 2020 semi-annual period. Marines are not authorized to conduct a PFT for score unless in an exception to policy (ETP) defined in paragraph 5. Marines who have conducted a PFT in 2020 prior to the publishing of reference (a) will retain their score.
2.A. As stated in reference (a), up to 90 days following removal of restrictions published in this MARADMIN, Marines may conduct a PFT to update their score. Any Marine that failed the PFT in CY 2019 will be required to take the PFT within this period. In both instances, the date of the PFT in Marine Corps Training Information Management System (MCTIMS) will be recorded as 30 June 2020, and NAVMC 11622 will reflect the actual date the PFT occurred.
2.B. Steps for entering PFT waiver into MCTIMS:
2.B.1. In MCTIMS, proceed to “Unit Training Module”, then “IMM” tab, and select “Individual Training.”
2.B.2. Select PFT and then select “New Waiver Roster” under the “Actions Bar” on the left side of the screen.
2.B.3. Enter the “Event Date” as the 22 APR 2020.
2.B.4. In the “Comments” section enter the following language: “Marines are waived from PFT requirement due to COVID-19 restrictions.”
2.B.5. Select “Add Marines”, then select all Marines requiring the PFT waiver.
2.B.6. After all Marines are selected, select the “Add Marines” button, then select “Complete.”
2.B.7. Notify the certifying official that the waiver has been submitted for their review.
2.C. Manpower and Reserve Affairs will input a PFT waiver for any Marine who has not had a waiver reported into MCTIMS by 30 June 2020. The execution of this utility will run on 1 July 2020.
2.D. Fitness Reports. If the Marine reported on (MRO) conducted a PFT prior to publishing of this MARADMIN, record the score in accordance with (IAW) reference (e). If the MRO does not conduct a PFT due to guidance in this MARADMIN, reporting officials shall mark “NREQ” for “not required” in section A, item 8b and shall enter the following directed comment in section I: “PFT not required due to COVID-19 restrictions per MARADMIN 260/20.”
3. CFT. Per reference (c), Marines who are post-light/limited duty who did not take a partial CFT for the annual requirement in 2019 due to physical/medical reasons, will be administered a CFT no less than 30 days and no more than 90 days after return to full duty. In these cases, the requirement for the CFT is suspended, until the restrictions of this MARADMIN have been lifted.
4. Body Composition Program (BCP). Circumference measurements as part of the body composition evaluation (BCE) in the BCP will not be utilized. Semi-annual height and weight evaluations will still be conducted in compliance with reference (c). No new BCP assignments will be made until otherwise directed. Exceptions to this policy are described in paragraph 5.
4.A. MCTIMS entry. MCTIMS does not allow entry of height/weight measurements that are out of standard without an associated body fat percentage. As such, Marines evaluated to be out of height and weight standards will not have their height/weight entered into MCTIMS. Marines outside of height/weight standards will be re-evaluated within 30 days of restrictions being removed; these new measurements will be recorded into MCTIMS.
4.B. BCP Removal. If a Marine is within height/weight standards at the end of their six month assignment, they will be removed from BCP. If a Marine is not within height/weight standards at the end of their assignment, Marines will remain on BCP until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and circumference measurements can be conducted. This particular instance does not count as a second assignment or as a BCP extension as normally defined in reference (d).
4.C. Fitness Reports. If the MRO completed a body composition evaluation prior to publishing of this MARADMIN, record the measurements IAW reference (e). If the MRO completed only height and weight measurements due to the suspension of circumference measurements defined in this MARADMIN, reporting officials shall enter “0” in section A, item 8f (body fat), and enter the following directed comment in section I: “Body fat percentage was not able to be obtained due to COVID-19 restriction per MARADMIN 260/20.”
5. Exception To Policy (ETP). Paragraphs 5.A through 5.G outline exceptions to the above policy. The use of social distancing to the maximum extent possible will be utilized during the execution of these ETPs.
5.A. PFT/CFTs for the purpose of a Command Screening Checklist prior to attending specified schools, courses, and Type 1 and Type 2 screenable billets.
5.B. Pre-ship Initial Strength Tests (ISTs) for enlisted poolees will occur as will ISTs at the recruit depots following the 14 day screening and staging restriction of movement (ROM) period defined in reference (b).
5.C. Pre-ship PFTs for officer candidates will occur as will pre-Officer Candidate School (OCS) induction PFTs following the 14 day screening and staging ROM period.
5.D. PFT/CFTs that are a part of the Program of Instruction (POI) at recruit training, OCS, The Basic School (TBS), and any other formal schools.
5.E. PFTs/CFTs for Marines submitting for reenlistment who have not conducted the PFT in 2020 and have a code “4” or code “5” for the PFT or CFT in Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS)for CY 2019.
5.F. BCEs that are a part of the POI at recruit training, OCS, TBS, and any other formal schools.
5.G. BCEs for Marines who are submitting for re-enlistment.
6. Reserve Component Marines
6.A. SMCR/IRR/IMA Marines that have PFT/CFT Classes 1, 2, or 3, reflected in MCTFS for CY 2019 (or latest period of active service immediately preceding CY 2019 while serving on Active Duty or in an ADOS/Drilling/Mobilized status), who are requesting reenlistment in the Reserve Component, and have not conducted a PFT in CY 2020 remain eligible for reenlistment if all other prerequisites identified in reference (f) are met.
6.B. SMCR/IRR/IMA/AR Marines that have PFT/CFT Classes 4, 7, or 8, reflected in MCTFS for CY 2019 (or latest period of active service immediately preceding CY 2019 while serving on Active Duty or in an ADOS/Drilling/Mobilized status), will be granted extensions of enlistment (until COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted) in order to conduct and pass a PFT/CFT to qualify for reenlistment. SMCR/IRR/IMA/AR Marines who have a PFT/CFT Class 5 reflected in MCTFS as a result of being in a Limited Duty/Line of Duty medical status, refer to reference (g) for guidance regarding extensions.
7. Contact the listed POCs for questions or the Human Performance Division at email@example.com. Additional fitness resources can be found at www.fitness.marines.mil.
8. Additional advisories will be released as required.
9. This MARADMIN was coordinated with Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Commanding General, Marine Corps Combat Development Command, and Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command and is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
10. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Michael A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//