R 131210Z MAY 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
NAR/REF A IS NAVMC 2922, MARINE CORPS UNIT AWARDS MANUAL. REF B IS DODI 1348.33, DOD MILITARY DECORATIONS AND AWARDS PROGRAM. REF C IS DODM 1348.33-V4, CHANGE 2. REF D IS DODM 1348.33-V2, CHANGE 2.//
POC/L. HOWARD/SGT/HQMC MMMA/-/TEL:703-784-9206 EMAIL:LISA.HOWARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to provide an update of awards since the last update, MARADMIN 098/20.
2. The following unit awards are authorized and will be incorporated in ref A.
2.a. Joint Meritorious Unit Award
2.a.1. Defense Logistics Agency 16Sep14-31Dec18
2.a.2. HQ, Aviation Tactics Evaluation Group 01Jan15-01Jul17
2.a.3. HQ, Joint Special Operation Command
Intelligence Brigade 29Apr15-28Apr18
2.a.4. HQ, JTF 7 01Oct15-31Jul16
2.a.5. HQ, JTF 20 21Aug17-20Oct18
2.a.6. HQ, JTF 55 01Jul16-01Apr18
2.a.7. HQ, NATO Air Command-Afghanistan 01Dec15-30Nov18
2.a.8. HQ, Special Operation Command Central 01Jul17-30Jun19
2.a.9. HQ, Special Operations JTF-Afghanistan 04Jun18-03Jun19
2.a.10. HQ, Special Operations JTF -Operation
Inherent Resolve 18May17-31Aug18
2.a.11. Office of Security Cooperation-Iraq 01Jan19-31Dec19
Note: Per ref B, service units and individuals assigned to service units in support of these joint organizations are not eligible for the JMUAs listed above (2.a.1-11). Only those members of the Armed Forces of the United States who were present at the time and directly participated in the service or achievement for 30 days or more or, for the period cited if the period cited is less than 30 days, are authorized to wear the JMUA ribbon. Personnel must be assigned and/or attached by official orders to the joint unit or task force headquarters receiving the JMUA. Local commanders (from the unit cited) may waive, on an individual basis, the 30-day minimum time requirement for individuals (reserve personnel on active duty and TDY and/or TAD personnel) who, in the purview of the commander, contributed directly to the achievement cited, and were assigned on official orders to the awarded unit during the approved time frames.
2.b. Meritorious Unit Commendation
2.b.1. Marine Forces Special Operations Command 01Jan16-31Dec19
Additional subordinate units eligible:
MARFORSOC Command Element (MCC 094)
Marine Raider Support Group (MCC 1MT)
1st Marine Raider Support Battalion (MCC 1ML)
2d Marine Raider Support Battalion (MCC 1MY)
3d Marine Raider Support Battalion (MCC 1MZ)
Marine Raider Regiment (MCC 1S8)
1st Marine Raider Battalion (MCC 1MU)
2d Marine Raider Battalion (MCC 1MR)
3d Marine Raider Battalion (MCC 1MX)
Marine Raider Training Center (MCC 1MS)
2.b.2. Marine Wing Support Squadron 473 01Jun16-01Dec17 By name roster is maintained in the iAPS archived record.
3. Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal (MCEM) IRT Operation OAKEN LOTUS, previously announced in MARADMIN 098/20. Headquarters Marine Corps was recently informed that the MCEM for Operation OAKEN LOTUS is being inappropriately reported. Although the operational period for Operation OAKEN LOTUS spanned several months, the Secretary of the Navy only approved the MCEM for the period of 26-27 July 2014. Personnel are only eligible for the MCEM if they participated in the military-assisted departure of U. S. personnel from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, Libya. It is authorized for those individuals who deployed to, or were on the ground in, Libya and Gabes, Tunisia, and for those personnel who directly supported the operation in the air (medevac crew, security force, etc), during the period 26-27 July 2014. Consequently, those personnel that did not participate in operation OAKEN LOTUS during the period of 26-27 July 2014 are not entitled to the award; and therefore, the award should be removed from their record as an erroneous entry.
4. Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal (GWOTEM) and Global War on Terrorism Service Medal (GWOTSM). The office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense has approved Operation OBSERVANT COMPASS (OOC) as a qualifying operation for award of the GWOTEM and the GWOTSM for the period of 01Oct11-30Sep2017. The associated GWOTEM area of eligibility (AOE) for OOC includes Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central Africa Republic, and Republicof South Sudan, to include the respective airspace of each.
5. Ref A is no longer distributed. Instead, ref A is updated quarterly and maintained on the internet at www.marines.mil.
6. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//