R 201433Z MAY 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MP//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2021 FLEET MARINE FORCES SQUAD LEADER PROGRAM//
REF/A: DOC/CMC MMEA/YMD: 20100908//
REF/B: DOC/CMC TECOM/YMD: 20200424//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1040.31, ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT. REF B IS MCO NAVMC 1200.1F MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES (MOS) MANUAL//
POC/DAVE HART/LTCOL/INFANTRY OCC FIELD SPONSOR/PPO/POG30/TEL: 703-692-4300/EMAIL: DAVID.J.HART@USMC.MIL//
POC/ZACH BASICH/CAPT/ENLISTED PLANS SECTION/MRA/MPP-20/TEL: 703-784-9362/EMAIL: ZACHARY.BASICH@USMC.MIL//
POC/ANDY ANDERSON/MGYSGT/INFANTRY OCCUPATIONAL FIELD SPECIALIST/PPO/POG30/TEL: 703-697-4036/EMAIL: ANDY.B.ANDERSON@USMC.MIL//
POC/CARLOS LATORRE/MSGT/GCE BRANCH CHIEF/MCCDC/CDD/TFSD/TEL: 703-784-4747/EMAIL: CARLOS.LATORRE@USMC.MIL//
POC/GYSGT ROSS KAEDING/ENLISTED MONITOR SECTION/MRA/MMEA-2/TEL: 703-784-9245/EMAIL: ROSS.KAEDING@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN promulgates coordinated MRA, PPO, and MCCDC guidance for Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) Fleet Marine Forces (FMF) Squad Leader Program and serves as the primary policy document for the FMF Squad Leader Program.
2. Background. Beginning in FY21, the Squad Leader Development Program (SLDP) will transition to the FMF Squad Leader Program. The FMF Squad Leader Program capitalizes on the success of SLDP and places increased emphasis on the maturation, training and professionalization of Infantry NCOs through extended service in FMF Infantry units via an accession and retention based approach. This MARADMIN outlines the FMF Squad Leader Program details, 0365 Primary Military Occupational Specialty (PMOS) to Necessary Military Occupational Specialty (NMOS) transition and serves as initial implementation guidance for new program elements.
3. Program Intent. The purpose of the FMF Squad Leader Program is to maintain an enduring population of mature, professionalized squad/section leaders, assigned to FMF Infantry leadership billets.
4. FY21 FMF Squad Leader Program Details.
4.a. Eligibility: All active component, Corporals and Sergeants with the Primary MOS (PMOS) of 0311, 0331, 0341, 0351, and 0352 who meet the requirements for assignment to ISULC.
4.b. All Infantry Programs Enlisted For (PEFs) are eligible.
4.c. No General Officer level endorsement required.
4.d. No lateral move required.
4.e. Marines who select an FMF Kicker option (details will be released in the FY21 SRB Program MARADMIN) with their RELM will not be considered for selection to Special Duty Assignment (SDA) via the Headquarters Marine Corps Special Duty Assignment Selection Team (HSST) and will remain in the FMF in accordance with their reenlistment commitment. Marines remain eligible to conduct a SDA during subsequent tours.
4.f. Upon completion of Infantry Small Unit Leaders Course (ISULC), Marines will receive the 0365 Necessary MOS (NMOS).
5. 0365 MOS details.
5.a. A NMOS is a non-PMOS that has a prerequisite of one or more PMOSs. The NMOS identifies a particular skill or training that is in addition to a Marine’s PMOS, but can only be filled by a Marine with a specific PMOS. The 0365 NMOS prerequisite PMOSs are 0311, 0331, 0341, 0351, or 0352. The 0365 NMOS skill/training requirement is completion of ISULC.
5.b. The 0365 MOS type will no longer be a PMOS requiring a lateral move. Instead, 0365 will be a NMOS earned through ISULC completion. The 0365 NMOS will be assigned as the Billet MOS (BMOS) for all Infantry squad and section leader Billet Identification Codes (BIC). Marines who have yet to earn 0365 can still fill squad leader billets while they await the opportunity to attend ISULC.
5.c. 0365 NMOS Requirements:
5.c.1. Must complete ISULC.
5.c.2. Must be in the grade of Corporal or Sergeant.
6. Commander Responsibilities. Commanders and their respective command teams are integral stakeholders as the Marine Corps transitions from the SLDP to the FMF Squad Leader Program. Commanders are encouraged to prioritize screening and selection of high performing first term Infantry Marines for the FMF Squad Leader Program. Selection for attendance at ISULC and assignment to squad/section leader billets remain at the discretion of the respective Battalion Commander. Commanders will ensure proper reporting into Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) and complete the appropriate administrative actions for ISULC graduates.
7. Coordinating Instructions.
7.a. Specific FMF Squad Leader Program reenlistment incentive details will be provided via the FY21 and subsequent FY) First Term Alignment Program (FTAP) guidelines/Selective Retention Bonus (SRB) MARADMIN.
7.b. Marines will submit for the FMF Squad Leader Program incentives via a normal request submitted in the Total Force Retention System (TFRS).
7.c. Marines who currently hold the 0365 PMOS will revert to their original PMOS with an Additional MOS (AMOS) of 0365 via action by M&RA, MMIB unit diary entry.
7.d. Marines are encouraged to contact their Unit Career Planner, Occupational Field Sponsor, Operations Chief, Sergeant Major, Battalion Gunner, or Unit Commander for specific questions regarding the FMF Squad Leader Program. Additional points of contact are listed at the top of this MARADMIN. FY21 MOS Manual has been updated to include abovementioned requirements for the 0365 NMOS.
7.e. During FY21, appropriate changes will be made to the MOS Manual to reflect updates to requirements for the 0365 NMOS.
7.f. This MARADMIN is applicable to the active component only.
8. Release authorized by LtGen M.A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//