R 101634Z JUN 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2021 MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES MANUAL CHANGES IMPLEMENTATION//
REF/A/DOC/CMC WASH DC/24APR20//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASH DC/11SEP09//
NARR/REF (A) IS NAVMC 1200.1F MOS MANUAL. REF (B) IS MCO 1200.15C MOS SYSTEM MODIFICATION PROCESS//
POC/K. POTTER/CIV/TECOM MSTPD/TEL: DSN 278-3252/TEL: COMM (703)784-3252/EMAIL: KENNETH.POTTER@USMC.MIL//
POC 2/N. NORMAN/CIV/TECOM MSTPD/TEL: DSN 278-5461/TEL: COMM (703) 784-5461/EMAIL: NASHAWN.NORMAN@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Each year the Marine Corps Human Resource Development Process is synchronized through publication of reference(ref) (a), the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Manual. Ref (b) governs the process. The manual defines occupational specialties found on tables of organization, identifies skills of Marines to meet organizational requirements, and otherwise provides information that enables the Marine Corps to carry out its assigned mission to organize, train, assign, and manage the force. The annual revision of the MOS Manual was coordinated with the February authorized strength report.
2. The Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 MOS Manual contains significant and numerous changes. A complete list of changes can be found in the conversion tables (chapters 2 and 4) of ref (a), which can be viewed on the website identified in paragraph 4 below.
2.A. New officer MOSs were created in occupational fields (OccFld) 02, 05, 09, 60, and 65; and enlisted MOSs were created in OccFlds 08, 09, 27, 31, 45, 57, 60, 61, 65, and 80.
2.B. Officer MOS 3450 has been deleted; and enlisted MOSs 0351, 1834, and 3052 have been deleted.
2.C. There are grade structure changes in officer OccFlds 02 and 80; and enlisted OccFlds 02 and 60.
2.D. There are many changes to the summary, requirements, and prerequisites fields within the MOS Manual in officer and enlisted OccFlds 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 11, 13, 17, 18, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 41, 44, 45, 55, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 68, 70, 72, 73, 75, 80, 81, 82, 84, 86, 87, 88, and 89.
2.E. There are MOS title changes in officer OccFlds 02, 05, 72, and 88; enlisted OccFlds 02, 05, 21, 60, 61, 62, and 72.
3. The Deputy Commandant (DC), Combat Development and Integration front-end analysis process for developing individual training standards continues to be used to affect the restructure of OccFlds based upon validated current Marine Corps needs. To ensure content accuracy and completeness, the MOS Manual entries were reviewed by MOS sponsors, Total Force Structure Division, Training and Education Command, and Manpower and Reserve Affairs (M&RA).
4.A. On 1 October 2020, the Total Force Structure Management Systems and Marine Corps Total Force Systems (MCTFS) will reflect the revisions set forth in ref (a).
4.B. Commanding Officers and all personnel associated with the systems that rely on MOSs shall familiarize themselves with the revisions and take actions as directed in the manual.
4.C. Commanding Officers of reporting units shall not make any MOS conversions, deletions, or report any new MOSs for Marines based on the revised manual before 1 October 2020.
4.D. School Directors will continue to award existing MOSs until 1 October 2020. At that time new MOSs will be reported.
4.E. DC M&RA
4.E.1. Convert MOSs in all systems including MCTFS as summarized in chapters 2 and 4 of ref (a).
4.E.2. Ensure appropriate action is completed for Marines affected by deletion of their Primary MOS.
5. The MOS Manual was approved on 24 April 2020 and will be posted on the Marine Corps directives website. The new MOS chart and ref(a) can be viewed at https:(slant)(slant)vcepub.tecom.usmc.mil(slant)sites(slant)directorates(slant)mtesd(slant)mosman(slant)default.aspx.
6. The MOS Manual was signed on 24 April 2020 for implementation on 1 October 2020 (FY 2021).
7. This Manual is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by Major General William F. Mullen III, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//