R 151450Z JUN 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/FINANCIAL EDUCATION ACTION POINT TRAINING AND COMMON MILITARY TRAINING//
REF/A/DOC/ TITLE 10 USC/SECTION 992//
REF/C/DOC/DIRECTIVE-TYPE MEMORANDUM (DTM) 19-009//
REF/E/DOC/BLENDED RETIREMENT SYSTEM TRAINING FOR CONTINUATION
PAY PROVISION TRAINING DEVELOPMENT GUIDE//
REF/F/DOC/DOD INSTRUCTION 1322.31//
NARR/REF (A) IS TITLE 10 USC/SECTION 992 AND NATIONAL DEFENSE
AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2016; SECTION 661, P.857-859. REF (B) IS PERSONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAM (PFMP), DECEMBER 11, 2014. REF (C) IS FINANCIAL READINESS COMMON MILITARY TRAINING REQUIREMENTS, AUGUST 13, 2019. REF (D) IS SOLICITATION AND THE CONDUCT OF PERSONAL COMMERCIAL AFFAIRS ON DEPARTMENT OF NAVY-MARINE CORPS INSTALLATIONS, JUNE 18, 2019. REF (E) IS BLENDED RETIREMENT SYSTEM TRAINING FOR CONTINUATION PAY PROVISION TRAINING DEVELOPMENT GUIDE. REF (F) IS COMMON MILITARY TRAINING (CMT),” FEBRUARY 26, 2015, AS AMENDED. REF (G) IS FINANCIAL EDUCATION ACTION POINTS JULY 17, 2018.//
POC/JAMES ROBINSON/CIV/UNIT: MFR/-/TEL: 703-784-9550/EMAIL: JAMES.M.ROBINSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. To announce the Financial Education Action Point (FEAP) training, required by the National Defense Authorization Act, for Marines throughout the Marine for Life Cycle.
2. The Marine Corps has comprehensive financial literacy training delivered through the Personal Financial Management Program, located in the Personal and Professional Development (P&PD) Program. The FEAP identifies relevant financial literacy training required at personal and professional life events. All Marine Corps Financial Literacy Training and materials must be Headquarters Marine Corps approved.
3. Tracking. When a Marine reaches a required FEAP, the Marine and the command will receive a message via Marine Online indicating the Marine is required to complete financial education. When the education requirement is completed, the specific training event code(s) will be entered in the Marine Corps Total Force System by the Administrative Chief or designated administrator.
4. Training Event Codes. FEAP Codes include (PR)-Accession, Initial Entry or Arrival at the first duty station of the member. (FD)-Arrival at each subsequent duty station, in the case of a member in pay grade E-4 or below or in pay grade O-3 or below. (FA)-Promotion, in the case of a member in pay grade E-5 or below or in pay grade O-4 or below. (FB)–On or before Vesting Date in the Thrift Savings Plan, (FG)–Continuation Pay under section 356 of Title 37, Major Life Events during the service of the member, such as (FC)-Marriage, (FH)-Divorce, (FE)-Birth of first child, (FF)- Pre-Deployment/Post-Deployment training, (TA)-Transition points in the service of the member (i.e., from regular component to a reserve component, separation from service, or retirement). This Code is obtained by attending the Transition Readiness Seminar, no other event can activate this code. In cases where a Marine is completing the requirement for multiple action points (e.g., promotion and permanent change of station, or promotion and marriage), the Administrative Chief or designated administrator will enter the codes for each separate Financial Education Action Point.
5. Reporting. Personal Financial Managers and P&PD Advisors will report FEAP classroom sessions workshops, counseling sessions and briefs via our current processes. This activity will not replace or substitute the FEAP Codes tracking that is required at the command level.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force and is cancelled when incorporated into the Personal Financial Management Program Policy MCO 1700.37.
7. Release authorized by M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//