R 181605Z JUN 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC MRA DAG SEC WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/MARINE ON-LINE (MOL) UNIT MANAGEMENT STATUS REPORT (UMSR) UPDATE FOR TELEWORK//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA/R 231446ZSEP08//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPC/20180905//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 535/08, MARINE ON-LINE (MOL) MANDATE. REF B IS MCO 12271.1, TELEWORK FOR CIVILIAN MARINES.//
POC/T. S. DEMPSEY/CWO5/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, M&RA/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9217//
POC/S. HART/MGYSGT/UNIT: SECRETARIAT, M&RA/SEC/TEL: 703-432-9738//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the functionality to identify members in a telework status in UMSR and to direct use of this functionality when performing unit morning report.
2. Background. Ref A directed Commanders use the MOL UMSR application to account for all assigned personnel. Effective 12 June 2020, MOL has been updated to delineate those who are present for duty in a telework status within the UMSR.
3. Action. Effective immediately, prior to publishing the daily UMSR, commands will ensure accurate reporting of all personnel who are in an approved telework status by selecting “Telework” via the “On Hand” option within the UMSR.
4. Coordinating Instructions
4.A. In all cases where approved telework is the selected option for work that day, positive confirmation by the member must occur with the command prior to UMSR publication.
4.B. Uniform personnel who can perform military duties remotely, may be assigned to an alternate duty location in their residence or government quarters and can be placed in a telework status.
4.B.1. Commanders will determine those members who can work remotely and assign appropriate duties. Not all personnel are able to telework and it is up to the discretion of each commander to determine how to effectively utilize telework.
4.B.2. In certain circumstances, personnel may be ordered to telework and will not be given the option of reporting for duty at their regular duty location.
4.B.3. Personnel are advised to check with their respective chain of command for specific guidance on who is authorized to telework and who must report for duty at their primary duty location.
4.C. Civilian personnel in a telework status who are within the guidance outlined in Ref B will also be accounted for in the UMSR.
5. This MARADMIN applies to the Total Force.
6. Release authorized by Lieutenant General M. A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//