R 221330Z JUN 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2022 (FY22) HEADQUARTERS MARINE CORPS SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT VOLUNTEER PERIOD (SDAVP)//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/CMC MMEA-1/05JUN20//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 1326.6, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SCREENABLE BILLETS AND INDEPENDENT DUTY ASSIGNMENTS (SCREENMAN). REF B IS MARADMIN 330/20, FY21 ENLISTED RETENTION CAMPAIGN.//
POC/C. J. PETERSEN/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: CLARK.PETERSEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/B. A. KIRALY/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9335/EMAIL: BRIAN.KIRALY@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. P. ALLISON/GYSGT/SDA RETENTION CHIEF/TEL: 703-432-9745/EMAIL: JOSHUA.P.ALLISON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) Special Duty Assignment Volunteer Period (SDAVP) and provides coordinating instructions for requesting billets as a Recruiter, Drill Instructor, or Marine Security Guard Detachment Commander. During the SDAVP, qualified volunteers will be given an opportunity to request first priority assignment to billets in FY22 Special Duty Assignment classes.
2. Background. A successful SDA tour is a hallmark of a competitive Marine and makes him or her exceptionally qualified for promotion. In addition to opportunities for SNCO meritorious promotions, financial incentives, and duty station preferences, a SDA tour is intellectually rewarding and physically and mentally challenging. In order to give volunteers the first opportunity to submit for FY22 SDA billets, HQMC is conducting a volunteer submission period, immediately preceding the involuntary screening and assignment period via the HQMC SDA Screening Team (HSST).
3. Situation. From the publication date of this MARADMIN to 31 December 2020, HQMC will accept and review volunteer packages for potential assignment to an SDA of the Marine’s choice. Upon conclusion of the FY22 SDAVP, HQMC will continue to accept andscreen volunteers; however, volunteers will no longer have priority for assignment and may be restricted by Primary MOS requirements. The screening and involuntary assignment of the remaining USMC population of qualified applicants will begin immediately after FY22 SDAVP via the FY22 HSST.
4. Execution. During FY22 SDAVP HQMC is accepting volunteers from all MOSs.
4.a. Marines with more than 12 months Time-On-Station (TOS) in the geographical location may be eligible to volunteer and are encouraged to contact their career planners for more information.
4.b. Marines who have executed a lateral move into their present MOS are not eligible to submit for voluntary assignment unless they have completed a minimum of 36 months in that MOS prior to class start date.
4.c. Marines who have previously completed an SDA must have been in the Fleet Marine Forces for a minimum of 24 months prior to class start date.
4.d. Marines who wish to volunteer for assignment to an SDA must submit an “SDA RELM” using the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) to HQMC with the assistance of the unit career planner.
4.e. Career planners should include a comment in the RELM about the Marine’s preference.
5. Based on the SDA, all assigned FY22 SDA volunteers may receive up to 653 dollars per month or a monthly pay of 150 dollars per month plus up to a 17,000 dollars lump sum payment upon assuming duties. Details of this new program will be published via separate correspondence.
6. Questions regarding the FY22 SDAVP should be referred to POCs listed above.
7. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//