R 221340Z JUN 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE FY20 HQMC SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT SCREENING TEAM (HSST) SLATING PROCESS//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC MMEA-25/30JAN20//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMEA-25/19FEB19//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC MMEA/30JAN20//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPO/18SEP14//
REF/E/MSGID: MSG/CMC MMEA-25/19DEC19//
REF/F/MSGID: MSG/CMC MMEA-1/14JAN11//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 053/20, FY21 HQMC SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT SELECTION TEAM PROCESS. REF B IS MCO 1326.6, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SCREENABLE BILLETS AND INDEPENDENT DUTY ASSIGNMENTS (SCREENMAN). REF C IS MARADMIN 054/20, FY21 MANPOWER MANAGEMENT ENLISTED ASSIGNMENTS COMMAND VISIT SCHEDULE. REF D IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENTS POLICY. REF E IS MARADMIN 706/19, FISCAL YEAR 2020 SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS. REF F IS MARADMIN 029/11, PCS PCA TAD MANAGEMENT GUIDANCE FOR SDA SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS.//
POC/D. P. TURNER/MAJ/MMEA-2/TEL: 703-784-9947/EMAIL: PHILIP.TURNER@USMC.MIL//
POC/C. J. PETERSEN/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: CLARK.PETERSEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/K. B. KIRALY/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9335/EMAIL: BRIAN.KIRALY@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. E. CERVANTES/MSGT/RECRUITING MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9474/EMAIL: EDUARDO.CERVANTES1@USMC.MIL//
POC/C. J. SAUNDERS/GYSGT/DRILL INSTRUCTOR MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: JUSTIN.SAUNDERS@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. C. STEWART/GYSGT/MSG MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9476/EMAIL: JOSHUA.C.STEWART@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. P. ALLISON/GYSGT/SDA RETENTION CHIEF/TEL: 703-432-9745/EMAIL: JOSHUA.P.ALLISON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In accordance with reference (a), the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) Special Duty Assignment (SDA) Screening Team (HSST) completed directed screening of eligible Marines for Special Duty Assignments as Recruiters, Drill Instructors, or Marine Security Guard (MSG) Detachment Commanders.
2. Duty and class assignments were made based on individual Marine’s preferences, Commanding Officer recommendations, individual qualifications, and projected vacancies in accordance with reference (b). The by-name list of approved assignments and qualified alternates is released to major commands via Automated Message Handling System (AMHS) and Total Force Retention System (TFRS).
2.a. Vacancies still remain for FY21 assignments to SDA. Marines identified as alternates may be assigned throughout the FY based on service needs.
2.b. In accordance with reference (c), viewing of the respective SDA Brief is mandatory for all available Marines selected to FY21 SDA classes. Marines selected as alternates are also encouraged to watch the SDA Brief. Instructions for viewing will be published by seperate correspondence.
3. HQMC will not normally accept deferrals and changes to duty assignment; however, consideration will be given in special circumstances. Additional instructions for requesting modifications are released via TFRS, available through Unit Career Planners.
4. This message serves as notice of orders for the Marines on the approved list. Marines must accept the obligated service to complete their assignment within 15 days of approval of TFRS Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) authority. Marines who do not extend/reenlist in order to qualify for assignment will receive a page 11 entry and a RE-3O reenlistment code in accordance with reference (d).
5. Commanders must conduct re-certification of selected Marines, in accordance with reference (e), 60 days prior to the SDA class report date to ensure that the Marine is still qualified for the assigned SDA. If a Marine is found unqualified during that time, Commanders must contact HQMC (MMEA-25) via AMHS NLT 45 calendar days prior to the class report date with the appropriate supporting documentation. Additionally, Commanders must verify that the received orders comply with guidance provided in reference (f) in order to ensure Marines attend school in accordance with their marital status and location.
6. Volunteers for SDA are encouraged to submit during the FY22 SDA Volunteer Period, which begins in July 2020.
7. Refer all questions to the points of contact listed above.
8. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//