R 151145Z JUL 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CANCEL AND REISSUE THE CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2020 JOINT WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP SYMPOSIUM VIRTUAL SERIES//
REF/A/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/021805Z APR 20//
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/081614Z OCT 19//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 208-20. REF B IS MARADMIN 559-19//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL/OR M. F. RUIZ/SGT (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARTINA.CATTANEO@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Reference (a) is hereby cancelled. The 2020 Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium (JWLS) has been reformatted to a 12-week webinar series. These webinars will provide professional development opportunities for military service members and veterans. The virtual series replaces the in-person JWLS scheduled for September 2020 in Norfolk, VA.
2. The free webinar series will kick off August 10 with an introduction and chance to meet the Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA) Board and learn more about the organization and the JWLS. The series will continue through December 2020, covering topics such as finance, leadership, work/life balance, and policy.
3. Registration will open one week before each webinar, giving service members the option to join for one or all sessions. Regular updates will be posted on the SSLA’s website https://www.sealeader.org/jwls and the JWLS's social media channels.
4. On 19 June 2020, an awards board convened to select four Marines for the Major Megan McClung Award. A MARADMIN will be published to announce the 2020 award winners. Marines who were selected will be awarded and recognized during the 2021 JWLS in Norfolk, VA. The 2021 dates will be announced later this summer.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by (SES) Dr. M. R. Strobl, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division, Acting.//