R 211553Z JUL 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CHANGE 1 TO THE FY21 LATERAL MOVE PROGRAM FOR MARINE OFFICERS//
NARR/REFERENCE (REF) A IS MARADMIN 371/20 FY21 LATERAL MOVE PROGRAM FOR MARINE OFFICERS. POC/A. D. BICKNELL/CAPT/DC MRA/MP/MPP-30/TEL: 703-784-9365//
POC/P. M. KIRK/CAPT/DC MRA/MM/MMOA-3/TEL: 703-784-9284//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN announces changes to Ref (a) due to subsequent phases of Force Design. All other authorities and processes directed in Ref (a) remain in effect.
2. Unrestricted Officers. Eligibility for requirements for lateral moves are as follows:
2.A. Any officer with a Primary Military Occupational Specialty (PMOS) of 1802 (Tank Officer) or 5803 (Military Police Officer) may voluntarily submit for a lateral move to a new PMOS irrespective of current billet (e.g., student at formal school, utilization tour, fleet assignment, etc.), rank, or time on station. Approval and execution of each lateral move package is contingent upon each officer’s situation and needs of the Marine Corps.
2.B. For all other unrestricted officers not in the 1802 and 5803 PMOSs, eligibility requirements are outlined in subparagraphs 2.A through 2.F of Ref (a).
3. Unrestricted officers holding the PMOS of 7204, 7208, or 7210 are no longer eligible to apply for lateral move into the PMOSs listed in paragraph 3.B of Ref (a).
4. The PMOSs listed in paragraph 3.E of Ref (a) are open to lateral moves via separate processes not included in this MARADMIN.
5. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
6. This MARADMIN cancels on 30 September 2021.
7. Release authorized by (SES) M. R. Strobl, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy, Acting.//