R 222050Z JUL 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/CLARIFYING GUIDANCE CONCERNING TELECOMMUTING DURING ANNUAL TRAINING//
REF/A/MSGID: MEMO: SECDEF/10APR20//
REF/B/MSGID: MEMO: SECDEF/19MAY20//
REF/C/MSGID: MEMO: SECDEF/22MAY20//
REF/D/MSGID: MEMO: OUSD(PR)/13APR20//
REF/E/MSGID: MEMO: OUSD(PR)/26MAY20//
REF/F/MSGID: MEMO: SECNAV/22APR20//
REF/G/MSGID: MSG: CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO/R212257APR20//
REF/H/MSGID: MSG: CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA/R262107ZAPR20//
REF/I/MSGID: MSG: CNO WASHINGTON DC/O201856ZMAY20//
REF/J/MSGID: MSG: OPNAVN3/N5/R262253ZMAY20//
REF/L/MSGID: SECNAVINST 1770.5/23AUG18//
REF/M/MSGID: MCO 1001R.1L (CH 1)/15MAR18//
NARR/REF A IS OSD MEMORANDUM, DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY FOR RESERVE COMPONENT ACTIVATION AUTHORITIES DURING THE COVID-19 RESPONSE. REF B IS GUIDANCE FOR COMMANDERS ON RISK-BASED CHANGING OF HEALTH PROTECTION CONDITION LEVELS DURING THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 PANDEMIC. REF C IS OSD MEMO, TRANSITION TO CONDITIONS-BASED PHASED APPROACH TO CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 PERSONNEL MOVEMENT AND TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS. REF D IS OUSD(PR) MEMORANDUM, FORCE HEALTH PROTECTION GUIDANCE (SUPPLEMENT 8) – DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE GUIDANCE FOR PROTECTING PERSONNEL IN WORKPLACES DURING THE RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 PANDEMIC. REF E IS OUSD (PR) FORCE HEALTH PROTECTION GUIDANCE (SUPPLEMENT 9) – DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE GUIDANCE FOR DEPLOYMENT AND REDEPLOYMENT OF INDIVIDUALS AND UNITS DURING THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 PANDEMIC. REF F IS ALNAV 049/20, MODIFICATION TO ALNAV 044/20 REISSUANCE OF DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019. REF G IS MARADMIN 254/20, UPDATE #7: U.S. MARINE CORPS DISEASE CONTAINMENT PREPAREDNESS PLANNING GUIDANCE FOR 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): MODIFICATION AND REISSUANCE OF DOD RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 - TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS. REF H IS MARADMIN 264/20 UPDATE #1: COVID-19 SUPPLEMENTAL PERSONNEL GUIDANCE. REF I IS NAVADMIN 147/20 GUIDANCE TO COMMANDERS ON ADJUSTING HEALTH PROTECTION CONDITIONS AND BASE SERVICES. REF J IS NAVADMIN 155/20 U.S. NAVY COVID-19 STANDARDIZED OPERATIONAL GUIDANCE. REF K IS THE CDC WEBSITE FOR COVID INFORMATION. REF L IS SECNAV INSTRUCTION 1770.5 MANAGEMENT AND DISPOSITION OF LINEOF DUTY BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS OF THE NAVY AND MARINE CORPS RESERVE. REF M IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1001R.1L, MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM), WITH CHANGE 1.//
AMPN/REMARKS/REFS (A) AND (B) REMAIN ACTIVE. REF (C) CANCELS PREVIOUS OSD MEMO DATED 20 APRIL 2020. REF (D) PROVIDES FORCE HEALTH PROTECTION (FHP) GUIDANCE FOR PROTECTING PERSONNEL. REF (F) PROVIDES FHP DEPLOYMENT AND REDEPLOYMENT GUIDANCE FOR SERVICE MEMBERS (INCLUDING RESERVE COMPONENT (RC) AND DOD CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES DEPLOYING WITHIN AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. REF (I) IS MODIFIED BY ADDING THREE CATEGORIES TO EXCLUSIONS FROM TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS. REF (I) IS A NAVADMIN ISSUANCE THAT SERVES AS A REFERENCE FOR THE MARINE CORPS RELATIVE TO MEDICAL INFORMATION AND COMMON NAVAL PRACTICES STEMMING FROM REF (B) BY PROVIDING ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE FOR COMMANDERS WHEN MAKING LOCAL DECISIONS TO ADJUST HPCON SERVICES ON INSTALLATIONS. REF (J) IS A NAVADMIN ISSUANCE THAT SERVES AS A REFERENCE FOR THE MARINE CORPS RELATIVE TO MEDICAL INFORMATION AND COMMON NAVAL PRACTICES STEMMING FROM REF (D). REF (K) REMAINS A RESOURCE FOR ALL MARINES TRAVELING. POC/J. R. MASON/MAJ/RA (RAP)/ EMAIL:JOSEPH.MASON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to clarify that the performance of Annual Training (AT) at an alternate duty location, to include telecommuting, is authorized.
2. Background. In order to ensure the protection and safety of our Total Force while maintaining readiness and the ability to support USMC and Joint Forces in a persistent pandemic environment, additional administrative flexibility is required.
3. The intent of ref (H), was to grant Commanders flexibility and discretion in authorizing Marines to telecommute, to include AT, and was effective on 20200326. Administrative requirements for telecommuting, as outlined in ref (M), are temporarily modified to allow Commanders and OPSPONSORs to waive the completion of DD Form 2946 or the telecommuting requests. At a minimum, a telecommuting log must be completed to account for the work being performed. Additionally, Commanders and OPSPONSORs have latitude to waive other administrative requirements contained in ref (M), chapter 7, section 3.
4. Per para 5.B. of ref (H), Commanders are reminded that they may institute ROM to minimize risk of exposure to COVID-19 during the AT period.
5. RC Members are reminded that they are subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) while activated for AT regardless of duty location. Of note, line of duty benefits may be denied if an injury or disease is the result of a member’s misconduct or the result of willful negligence that demonstrates a reckless disregard for the foreseeable and likely consequences of the conduct involved.
6. Points of Contact (POC). Questions regarding this message should be routed via the chain of command to POC.
7. This MARADMIN applies to the Reserve Component.
8. Release authorized by Major General H. G. Pratt, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//