R 271630Z JUL 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC DCI IC4 WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 06XX OCCUPATIONAL FIELD AND NORTHERN VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (NOVA) DEGREE COMPLETION PARTNERSHIP//
POC/MICHAEL D TABER/MGYSGT/DCI IC4/EMAIL: MICHAEL.TABER@USMC.MIL/TEL: 571-256-8847//
POC/JASON L DANIEL/MGYSGT/DCI IC4/EMAIL: JASON.L.DANIEL2@USMC.MIL/TEL: 571-256-8845//
POC/RENE J AGOSTO/GS-13/DCI IC4/EMAIL: RENE.AGOSTO@USMC.MIL/TEL: 571-256-8846//
POC/MICHAEL A DAHLKE/MSGT/DCI IC4/EMAIL: MICHAEL.DAHLKE@USMC.MIL/TEL: 571-256-8878//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces an educational degree completion partnership between the 06XX Marine Corps Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) Occupational Field (OccFld) and Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA). This is a volunteer education opportunity in support of lifelong learning.
2. Purpose. The 06XX OccFld has established a partnership with NOVA in order to provide a readily available and mapped degree completion program for Marines that is aligned to their MOS and job training. Marines can apply prior learning from military formal schools for college credit that will accelerate their path to degree completion.
3. Program Description. NOVA's faculty has reviewed the Training and Education Command (TECOM) Programs of Instruction (POI) that Marines in the 06XX OccFld receive in their career progression and mapped these towards college credit. Application of these TECOM courses towards college credit will allow Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) towards a college degree or certificate program in various IT-related disciplines.
4. Registration. Complete registration instructions for military members can be found at: https://www.nvcc.edu/admissions/apply/military.html.
5. Administration and Logistics. Students must submit an official record and initiate the request for evaluation for CPL. Instructions for submission are listed in the NOVA Credit for Prior Learning Manual at the following link: https://www.nvcc.edu/prior-learning/. If Marines have questions regarding training-related credits versus their degree requirement applicability, they should contact the respective program division for more information about possible course substitution.
6.A. Funding is the responsibility of the individual Marine. Department of Veterans Affairs Education benefits and Department of Defense Tuition Assistance benefits are viable funding options at NOVA.
6.B. While this program is centered on the Associates of Applied Science degree in Cyber Security, it applies to a number of other information technology degrees and certificate programs available at NOVA. Consult with NOVA administration for current program, class availability, and requirements.
6.C. NOVA supports a variety of education formats to include fully online or in-person classroom instruction.
7. Command and Signal.
7.A. Ensure widest dissemination of this MARADMIN.
7.B. This message and program targets the 06XX enlisted community but is available to any interested, eligible Marine of any MOS designation.
7.C. Questions regarding this message may be sent to the points of contact provided in this MARADMIN.
8. Release authorized by BGen L. M. Mahlock, Director IC4, Deputy Commandant for Information.//