R 281335Z JUL 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY21 HQMC SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT SELECTION TEAM (HSST) PART 2//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1020.34H//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 363/20//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1300.8//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.31//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1326.6//
REF/F/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 706/19//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1020.34H WHICH CONTAINS MARINE CORPS TATTOO POLICY PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED VIA MCBUL 1020. REF B IS MARADMIN 363/20, FY22 HQMC SDA VOLUNTEER PERIOD. REF C IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF D IS MCO 1040.31, ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF E IS MCO 1326.6, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SCREENABLE BILLETS AND INDEPENDENT DUTY ASSIGNMENTS (SCREENMAN). REF F IS MARADMIN 706/19, FY20 SDA AND SCREENABLE BILLET COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS.//
POC/D. P. TURNER/MAJ/MMEA-2/TEL: 703-784-9947/EMAIL: PHILIP.TURNER@USMC.MIL//
POC/C. J. PETERSEN/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: CLARK.PETERSEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/B. A. KIRALY/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9335/EMAIL: BRIAN.KIRALY@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. P. ALLISON/GYSGT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9745/EMAIL: JOSHUA.P.ALLISON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message initiates part two of the FY21 Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) Special Duty Assignment (SDA) Selection Team (HSST) screening process. Additional Marines from selected Primary Military Occupational Specialties (PMOS) are directed to be screened for assignment to Recruiting Duty and, if eligible, Marine Security Guard (MSG) Detachment Commander Duty.
2. Eligible Marines. A list of Marines that are identified for directed screening has been published via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS). The identified Marines are required to be screened by Commanding Officers, utilizing the instructions and checklists available per reference (e).
3. Submission Guidelines. Commands will submit completed SDA packages on all identified Marines to Manpower Management Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) electronically via a TFRS SDA Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) request no later than 30 September 2020. Each package will include, at a minimum, the following items:
3.a. Applicable Screening Checklists and Financial Worksheet, per reference (e). All forms are available via AMHS and TFRS.
3.b. 360 degree photos in green on green PT gear, as well as individual photos or sketches of all tattoos. Measure utilizing a ruler for any tattoos in or near areas prohibited by the reference.
3.c. Records of disciplinary actions contained in the Marines'
3.d. Chain of command RELM comments and recommendations.
3.e. Security Clearance Eligibility Letter.
4. Checklists must be completed for Marines as they pertain to the Marines' grade.
4.a. Corporals and Sergeants: Recruiting Duty only.
4.b. Staff Sergeants: Recruiting Duty and MSG Detachment Commander checklists are required.
4.c. Gunnery Sergeants: MSG Detachment Commander Duty only.
5. For Marines found not qualified for SDA, Commanders will provide source documentation of disqualifying criteria and estimated date of return to qualified status, in order to make accurate determination for SDA class assignment and retention. Examples include Medical Officer prognosis letter for projected date of SDA assignability, legal documents that show conflict with SDA class dates, page 11 entries for assignment to Body Composition Program or PFT/CFT failure. Unit Diary entries must be reflected in Marine Corps Total Force System for the disqualifying status in order to make determination for disqualification.
6. Volunteer Submission period for FY21 assignments is ongoing on a limited basis. The volunteer submission period for FY22 is currently available. Marines not directed for HSST screening may continue to submit applications in accordance with paragraph 3.
7. Electronic SDA packages will be screened by PMOS and SDA monitors. Qualified Marines will be assigned to the available SDA classes. During screening, SDA class assignments will be made on the “first-come, first-serve” basis in accordance with each Marine’s preferences and qualifications, command recommendations, and remaining SDA vacancies upon receipt of the SDA package.
7.a. Final assignments will be announced via separate correspondence and published via TFRS and AMHS during December 2020.
7.b. Once the approved RELM with designated class assignment is returned to the unit, Marines will have no more than 15 days to accept the obligated service. Those Marines that decline to gain the obligated service necessary for their assignment to an SDA will be issued an RE-3O reenlistment code in accordance with references (c) and (d).
8. Once final assignments to SDA classes are made, Commanders are reminded that they must recertify Marines between 60 and 45 days prior to their SDA class date. Failure to properly rescreen Marines for SDA will result in a determination of Commander noncompliance in accordance with reference (f).
9. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//