R 281346Z JUL 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY21 ASSISTANT MARINE OFFICER INSTRUCTOR (AMOI) AND OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) BILLET VACANCIES//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1326.6, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SCREENABLE BILLETS AND INDEPENDENT DUTY ASSIGNMENT (SCREENMAN). REF B IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS MCO 1020.34H MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS. REF D IS MARADMIN 091/17 DIRECTED ASSIGNMENT OF PRIOR DRILL INSTRUCTORS.//
POC/C.J. PETERSEN/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: CLARK.PETERSEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/B.A. KIRALY/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9257/EMAIL: BRIAN.KIRALY@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.L. SAUNDERS/GYSGT/DRILL INSTRUCTOR MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9475/EMAIL: JUSTIN.SAUNDERS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the provisions and billet vacancies for the FY21 AMOI and OCS programs, and to solicit applications from qualified Marines.
2. Based on the recent review of Marine Corps billets that require an AMOI or an OCS instructor, the FY21 AMOI and OCS selection board will accept applications for projected vacancies listed below.
2.a. The FY21 AMOI and OCS selection board is scheduled to convene at Headquarters Marine Corps on or about 15 October 2020. The results will be published via MARADMIN in November 2020.
2.b. AMOI and OCS vacancies:
University/Vacancy MCC Location
NROTC Auburn University H01 Auburn, AL
NROTC The Citadel H07 Charleston, SC
NROTC Morehouse College H09 Atlanta, GA
NROTC Cornell University H12 Ithaca, NY
NROTC University of Florida H17 Gainesville, FL
NROTC Florida A&M University H19 Tallahassee, FL
NROTC University of Michigan H42 Ann Arbor, MI
NROTC Hampton University H59 Norfolk, VA
NROTC University of Pennsylvania H68 Philadelphia, PA
NROTC Purdue University H72 Lafayette, IN
NROTC Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst H74 Troy, NY
NROTC Rice University H76 Houston, TX
NROTC University of Rochester H78 Rochester, NY
NROTC Southern California University H82 Los Angeles, CA
NROTC University of Texas H86 Austin, TX
NROTC Texas A&M University H89 Houston, TX
NROTC University of Washington H95 Seattle, WA
NROTC University of Wisconsin H96 Madison, WI
Navy Officer Training Command K55 Newport, RI
US Navy Chaplain School J51 Ft Jackson, SC
USMC Officer Candidates School 069 Quantico, VA
2.c. The board will also consider requests for second tour Drill Instructors at MCRD Parris Island, SC and MCRD San Diego, CA for FY21 vacancies in accordance with reference (d).
2.d. Additional billet vacancies may become available after the results from the FY21 Sergeant Major through Master Sergeant Selection Board. These vacancies will be transmitted via separate correspondence.
3. Tour Length. Second tour assignments at MCRDs are 24-months. All other assignments are 36-month tours.
4. Eligibility requirements. In addition to the eligibility requirements contained in reference (a), Marines applying for the above mentioned billets must meet and comply with the following criteria:
4.a. Regular active duty Marines in the grade of Staff Sergeant through Master Sergeant.
4.b. Have successfully completed their first tour as a Drill Instructor.
4.c. Possess a minimum General Technical score of 100 (AMOI duty only).
4.d. Meet height and weight standards.
4.e. Possess a current first class Physical Fitness Test score at the time of submission.
4.f. Served a minimum of 36 months in Primary MOS since last SDA tour at estimated date of departure. Waiverable by HQMC to two years based upon the needs of the Marine Corps.
4.g. Have three years Time On Station (TOS) at estimated date of departure, in accordance with reference (b). Waiverable by HQMC to two years based upon the needs of the Marine Corps. Time on Station requirements for Marines requesting assignment in the same geographic location do not apply.
4.h. Marines serving at an overseas location will be required to complete the prescribed overseas tour length prior to reporting to their assignment in the Continental United States, in accordance with reference (b).
4.i. Requests for retirement that would reduce the prescribed tour length will not normally receive a favorable consideration.
4.j. Marines requesting assignment to leadership billets at MCRDs must be in compliance with the current Marine Corps Tattoo Policy, in accordance with reference (c). Commanding Officers may request an exception to policy from Director, MM for exceptionally qualified Marines.
4.k. Marines applying for this program must be willing to accept assignment to any vacancy listed in paragraph 2.b.
5. Marines selected for AMOI duty will be required to execute their PCS moves and report to their respective NROTC units no later than 1 April 2021. Upon reporting, Marines should expect to augment OCS summer training from May through August 2021. Marines selected for other duties can expect to report no earlier than May 2021 to their respective locations.
6. No later than 1 October 2020, applications with attachments must be submitted electronically using the Special Duty Assignment request in the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) to CMC (MMEA-25) via the normal Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) routing chain. Unit Career Planners have access to the TFRS program. The enclosures to the RELM will contain the following:
6.a. Administrative Action (AA) form listing in order of precedence (1 through 21) the billets for which applying, dates served on Drill Instructor Duty, and any other relevant information that should be considered by the board. Gunnery Sergeants must annotate their promotion preference (M or F).
6.b. Independent Duty Checklist, provided in appendix E of reference (a).
6.c. Current promotion style photo taken in the last 12 months.
6.d. 360 degree photos in PT gear with individual tattoo pictures taken with measurement tools provided in reference (c).
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. Release authorized by MajGen David A. Ottignon, Director, Manpower Management Division.//