R 281520Z JUL 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/FY20 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISOR (EOA) OF THE YEAR AWARD//
AMPN/REF A IS MPE LETTER OF INSTRUCTION FOR EOA OF THE YEAR AWARD//
POC/R. E. RAINES/GS13/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/ROBERT.RAINES@USMC.MIL//
POC/G. BENAVIDES/MSGT/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/GRISELDA.BENAVIDES1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN solicits nominations for the FY20 CMC Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA) of the Year Award.
2. The Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will convene the FY20 EOA of the Year Award board on or about 31 August 2020. Marines nominated for the EOA of the Year will have demonstrated sustained superior performance that significantly and positively impacted their Commanding General’s or Commander's Equal Opportunity Program.
3. Applications must be submitted to the MPE POC no later than 24 August 2020. Selection results will be published in September by MARADMIN.
4. Incomplete packages will not be considered; all nominees must meet the following criteria:
a. Actively serving EOA with current AMOS/BMOS of 0147.
b. Must have served as an EOA for fiscal year 2020 (from 20191001 to present).
c. Meet all reenlistment requirements.
5. All packages must contain the following information:
a. Nomination letter from the command that includes a resume of qualifications and the significant contributions of the EOA.
b. Nomination letter endorsed by the first general officer within the chain of command.
c. An updated digital promotion photograph.
d. A one page biography.
e. A copy of nominee's Basic Training Record.
6. The Marine selected as the EOA of the Year will be recognized during the EOA Symposium. The date and location for the award ceremony will be announced in September by MARADMIN.
7. Release authorized by (SES) M. R. Strobl, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy, Acting.//