R 061340Z AUG 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/AY 2021 CLASS DATES FOR THE ENLISTED COLLEGE DISTANCE EDUCATION SEMINAR PROGRAMS//
REF/A/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/14 JUN 12//
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/14 OCT 16//
REF/C/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/20 DEC 16//
REF/D/DOC/HEADQUARTERS MARINE CORPS/NOV15//
NARR/REF A, MCO P1400.32D, IS THE ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF B, MARADMIN 521-14, UPDATED THE PME PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS FOR ENLISTED MARINES. REF C, MARADMIN 663-16, IDENTIFIED EXEMPTIONS TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS. REF D, NAVMC 11580, IS THE STANDARD COMMAND SCREENING CHECKLIST.//
POC/T.J. DEVLIN/COLLEGE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION AND TRAINING, MCU/LOC: QUANTICO/TEL: (703) 432-5684/EMAIL: TIMOTHY.DEVLIN@USMCU.EDU.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the Academic Year (AY) 2021 class dates for the College of Distance Education and Training (CDET) Enlisted College seminar programs: Sergeants School Seminar Program (SSSP), Career School Seminar Program (CSSP), and the Advanced School Seminar Program (ASSP).
2. For purposes of promotion and assignment, completion of a seminar program is equivalent to completion of the associated school at a Staff Noncommissioned Officer Academy.
3. The seminars are executed through the CDET regional campuses. Class dates for all seminar programs across all regions will run concurrently. Marine Corps University announces the AY 2021 class dates for the CDET seminar programs:
Class Registration Deadline Beginning Week Ending Week
1-21 28 Sep 20 12 Oct 20 5 Feb 21
2-21 8 Feb 21 22 Feb 21 4 Jun 21
4. Course prerequisites include: nominees must meet the Marine Corps Body Composition Program standards, have completed the associated prerequisite distance education program (DEP) on MarineNet (EPME5000 Sergeants Course DEP for SSSP, EPME6000 Career Course DEP for CSSP, and EPME7000 Advanced Course DEP for ASSP), and be endorsed by their commanding officer via the command screening checklist as outlined in reference (d).
5. Course Registration
5.A. Individual units or Marines will forward their registration packages, including a completed NAVMC 11580 Command Screening Checklist, to the CDET regional director nearest them for enrollment in the upcoming class.
5.B. The registration deadline is 14 days prior to the convening week.
5.C. Regional points of contact (POC) for seminars are:
5.C.1. Camp Lejeune Region: All seminars, Tim Davis, (910) 451-2149, firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.C.2. Camp Pendleton Region: ASSP, Robert Hightower, (760) 763-8425, email@example.com. SSSP and CSSP, Harrison Tanksley, (760) 763-8425, firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.C.3. Fort Worth Region: All seminars, Kelvin Jackson, (817) 782-1204, email@example.com.
5.C.4. Hawaii Region: All seminars, Juan Williams, (808) 257-3963, firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.C.5. Miramar Region: SSSP, Patrick Tracy, (858) 577-6694, email@example.com. CSSP and ASSP, Sylvester Daniels, (760) 845-0570, firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.C.6. Okinawa Region: All seminars, William Thompson, DSN (315) 645-2500, email@example.com.
5.C.7. Pensacola Region: All seminars, Chris Marvin, (910) 478-7372, firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.C.8. Quantico Region: All seminars, Gary Smith, (703) 432-6520, email@example.com.
5.D. As CDET is currently enforcing social distancing and reduced onsite manning, email is the preferred method of communication.
6. CDET and the Enlisted College recognize the value of attendance of the seminar programs by sister service members. The different perspectives and experiences of these students are an invaluable addition to the education of the force. To this end, a limited number of seats are typically available for sister service members within each region, for each cycle of the seminar programs. Nominees must be within their services height/weight standards and have completed the associated prerequisite distance education program (DEP) on MarineNet. This is accomplished by creating a MarineNet account at https://www.marinenet.usmc.mil/MarineNet/EditProﬁle.aspx. Questions regarding availability, or assistance with the distance education requirement, should be directed to the appropriate regional POC.
7. Amplifying Instructions
7.A. Temporary Additional Duty is not authorized for these seminar programs.
7.B. All students require access to a personal computer with audio and video and the internet while participating in a seminar program.
7.C. Sergeants attending the SSSP will be required to read the book You Are Worth It: Building a Life Worth Fighting For. Sergeants are required to purchase, or otherwise acquire through the base or local library, this book for the duration of the seminar.
7.D. Gunnery sergeants scheduled to attend the ASSP will be required to read the book Black Hearts: One Platoons Descent into Madness in Iraqs Triangle of Death. Gunnery sergeants are required to purchase, or otherwise acquire through the base or local library, this book for the duration of the seminar.
8. Released authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//