R 201927Z AUG 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/SEPTEMBER 2020 PROMOTIONS FOR STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICERS (SNCOS) AND OCTOBER 2020 PLANNED PROMOTIONS FOR SNCOS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/14JUN2012//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MI/4JUN2014//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MIO/19AUG2008//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/CMC MMPR-2/162200ZOCT14//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20/10AUG2020//
REF/F/MSGID: MSG/CMC MM/081912ZJUN20//
NARR/REF A, IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF B, IS MCO 5000.14D, MARINE CORPS ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES (MCAP). REF C, IS MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE SYSTEM PERSONNEL REPORTING INSTRUCTION MANUAL (MCTFSPRIM). REF D, IS MARADMIN 521/14, UPDATED ENLISTED PME REQUIREMENTS BY GRADE AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF CMD-SPONSORED LCPL LEADERSHIP-ETHICS AND CAREER COURSES SEMINAR. REF E, IS MPP-20 STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER PROMOTIONS. REF F, MARADMIN 334/20, FORTHCOMING CHANGES TO MCO P1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS//
POC/LINDSAY D. PERRY/GYSGT/HEAD, MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/LINDSAY.PERRY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Marines and Unit Leaders will receive a notification via Marine On Line (MOL) informing them of Marines who meet all prerequisites for promotion and subsequently will be promoted with a date of rank and effective date of 1 September 2020.
2. Upon receipt of this Marine Administrative Message (MARADMIN) and posting of the notification via MOL, but not prior to 1 September 2020, Commanders will effect the promotion of selected Marines per paragraph 5100 of reference (a). Cite this MARADMIN as authority for promotion.
3. Per reference (f), effective July 2020, Marines who are selected to the ranks of staff sergeant through sergeant major/master gunnery sergeant, to include meritorious promotions, must have at least 24-months of obligated service (OBS) remaining on contract beginning on the date of their promotion. If the Marine refuses to extend or reenlist to have sufficient obligated service, inform CMC (MMPR-2) of the Marine's refusal.
3a. Marines who do not comply with OBS requirements prior to their seniority number being reached will receive a date of rank and effective date for the 1st of the month after compliance with OBS requirements.
3.a.1. Marines that have pending extensions and reenlistments initiated prior to the 1st of the month in which their seniority number was reached will receive a back dated, date of rank after their extension or reenlistment is approved and entered into the Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS).
4. Commanders are reminded of their inherent responsibilities of the Enlisted Promotion System. Thoroughly review the record of each selected Marine prior to delivery of the certificate of appointment to ensure the Marine has continued to maintain the high standards of professional and personal performance which led to selection. You are instructed to review paragraphs 1200.4, 1204, and 3107 of reference (a). Upon completion of the review of applicable records, if the Commander's intent is to delay or revoke the promotion of a selected Marine, reference (a) provides specific guidance and reporting instructions.
5. Reference (b), enclosure (3) states that Commanders are responsible for the accuracy of their Marines records, regardless of the format of the information (paper records, MCTFS records, etc.) and the locations of the records (mainframe databases, IPAC, etc.). Per reference (c), when a Marine is promoted above the grade ceiling for the PMOS held, Commanders will change the Marines PMOS to the career progression MOS.
6. Commanders who have Marines attached to their command/unit/det in a temporary additional duty status must seek concurrence from the Marine's parent command prior to effecting the promotion.
7. The numbers listed below indicate the senior number promoted the previous month and the total number of Marines to be promoted for the current month. However, the numbers may not always add up. This is due to Marines selected noncompetitively (WO, MECEP selects) who are assigned a seniority number with an alpha letter, Marines who are discharged, and Marines in a promotion restriction status. To avoid erroneous promotions of SNCOs, it is imperative that Commanders follow the guidance in paragraph 1 and only promote Marines with a select grade date in the MCTFS.
8. STATUS OF FY 2019 SNCO PROMOTION LISTS:
NUMBER SENIOR NO. SEP 20
GRADE SELECTED PROM AUG 20 PROM
SSgt 3316 2877 503 (clear 2019 list)
9. STATUS OF FY 2020 SNCO PROMOTION LISTS:
NUMBER SENIOR NO. SEP 20 PROJECTED
GRADE SELECTED PROM AUG 20 PROM FOR OCT 20
SgtMaj/MGySgt 292 113 47 42
1stSgt/MSgt 1006 538 138 189
GySgt 0 0 200(see note 1) 300
SSgt 0 0 0 200(see note 1)
Note 1: If 2020 List is available
10. For Enlisted Promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9718 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: email@example.com. Click on compatibility view settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "Manpower Management (MM)", "Promotion Branch", then "Enlisted Promotions". From there, to find this MARADMIN: click on "message traffic", then "Staff Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) messages".
11. Release authorized by LtGen David A. Ottignon, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//