R 212035Z AUG 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2021 (FY21) SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR) OFFICER AFFILIATION INCENTIVE (OAI)//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/DOD/YMD: 20160711//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1001R.1L W/CH-1/YMD: 20180315//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCTFSPRIUM/YMD: 20120807//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE INSTRUCTION 1304.34 GENERAL BONUS AUTHORITY FOR OFFICERS. REFERENCE (B) IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REFERENCE (C) IS THE MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE SYSTEM PERSONNEL REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS USERS MANUAL.//
POC/S. A. BROCKWAY/MAJ/RA (RAP)/TEL: 703-432-9771/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/D. P. KAYWOOD/GYSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: 703-432-9771/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. A. FAUCETTE II/MAJ/RA (RAM)/TEL: 703-784-0523/EMAIL: RAM-1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per reference (a), this MARADMIN authorizes implementation of the FY21 SMCR OAI. New officer accessions that contract to receive the 0203 (Ground Intelligence Officer) or 0302 (Infantry Officer) Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) are eligible to receive a 10,000 dollar affiliation incentive. Officers will incur a four year obligation in the SMCR upon completion of MOS school. Officers must serve in an approved Billet Identification Code (BIC) and SMCR unit.
2. Eligibility criteria for the SMCR OAI
a. Be a new officer at The Basic School (TBS) commissioned through the Reserve Officer Commissioning Program (ROCP).
b. Receive a Primary MOS (PMOS) designation to serve as either an 0203 (Ground Intelligence Officer) or 0302 (Infantry Officer).
c. Be selected for a BIC and SMCR unit associated with this incentive. BIC selections are based upon TBS performance and the needs of the Marine Corps.
d. Officers selected must accept geographic assignment location based on the needs of the Marine Corps.
e. Officers who are reclassified to another PMOS during TBS or MOS school will forfeit eligibility for the SMCR OAI.
3. Administrative Guidance
a. TBS is the only authorized command to submit requests to Reserve Affairs (RA) for this incentive. All forms and submission procedures will be posted to the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) forms tab. The process is outlined below:
(1) SNO submits NAVMC 12074, agreeing to accept assignment location based on the needs of the Marine Corps, through their company staff to RA via the TBS Reserve Training Liaison (RTL).
(2) The TBS RTL will submit an Officer Incentive Reenlistment on behalf of the requesting officer via TFRS with the NAVMC 10274 and completed Statement of Understanding (SOU) attached. The SOU will indicate the BIC and SMCR unit assignment.
b. RA will adjudicate and return the officer incentive request via TFRS to the TBS RTL with the following:
(1) Completed SOU with a Bonus Control Number (BCN).
(2) Incentive administrative reporting guidance document.
c. Once the officer incentive request is accepted in TFRS, the following actions are required:
(1) The TBS RTL will:
(a) Enter the acceptance date in TFRS and attach the completed TFRS approval.
(b) Provide the endorsed NAVMC 10274 and SOU, incentive administrative reporting guidance document, and the TFRS approval to the unit’s administrative section for appropriate action.
(2) The unit’s administrative section will:
(a) Report the Reserve BIC via the Inventory Development Management System (IDMS), bonus PEF code, and applicable bonus entry per the Incentive Administrative Reporting Guidance document via the Unit Diary/Marine Integrated Personnel System (UD/MIPS).
(b) Email the RA endorsed SOU to Manpower Management Records and Performance (MMRP) Branch for inclusion into the member’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) RA will verify SNO has accepted the Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) in TFRS. Once the RELM has been accepted, RA will report the bonus obligation via UD/MIPS using TTC 245.
d. Payment will execute after all Marine Corps Total Force System reporting and posting requirements are met in accordance with reference (c). This process includes:
(1) Bonus obligation reported by RA.
(2) Bonus payment reported by administrative section.
e. In the event the officer does not accept the incentive approval or affiliate with the SMCR unit, then the TBS RTL must notify RA via the organizational mailbox at email@example.com.
a. Recipients of this incentive incur a four year obligation in the SMCR upon completion of MOS school.
b. Recipients must serve in the approved BIC commensurate with their grade and MOS at the designated unit upon graduation of MOS school. Requests for BIC reassignments and inter-unit transfers must be adjudicated by RA.
a. Recoupment will occur at a prorated amount if the officer:
(1) Fails to fulfill the four year affiliation obligation per the written agreement.
(2) Fails to participate satisfactorily in all scheduled drills and annual training after the completion of MOS school in accordance with reference (b).
(3) Executes a lateral move without RA approval.
(4) Changes BICs without RA approval (this includes any excess BICs).
(5) Executes an inter-unit transfer without RA approval.
(6) Transfers to the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR).
(7) Transfers to the Individual Mobilization Augmentee Program.
(8) Transfers to another branch of Service.
(9) Accesses to the Active Component or the Active Reserve Program.
(10) Performs Active Duty Operational Support with a unit other than their own for a period of greater than 90 cumulative days per FY without prior approval by RA.
(11) Resigns his or her commission.
b. Recoupment will not occur if the officer:
(1) Is involuntarily transferred to the IRR due to disability.
(2) Volunteers to deploy with another Marine Forces Reserve unit as an MOS match with RA approval.
c. Submit all waivers to RA via the chain of command to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. This incentive is a 10,000 dollar lump sum payment, less any applicable taxes, and will be paid upon affiliation to the approved BIC and SMCR unit.
7. Incentives will be issued until funds are exhausted, or existing unit shortfalls are overcome. Availability of funds will be updated periodically via TFRS message as required.
8. This incentive is available to Reserve lieutenants at TBS for service in SMCR units only.
9. Submission deadline is 31 August 2021
10. This MARADMIN cancels on 30 September 2021.
11. Release authorized by Major General H. G. Pratt, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//