R 031500Z SEP 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CHANGE 1 TO THE FISCAL YEAR 2021 (FY21) SELECTIVE RETENTION BONUS (SRB) PROGRAM AND FY21 BROKEN SERVICE SRB (BSSRB) PROGRAM//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC MRA MP/YMD: 20200701//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MRA MM/YMD: 20200605//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MRA MP/YMD: 20161021//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC MRA MP/YMD: 20161114//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/DODI/YMD: 20130312//
POC/BASICH/CAPT/CMC (MPP-20)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9362//
POC/CRUZ/MGYSGT/CMC/(MMEA-1)/-/TEL: COM 703-432-9125//
NARR/REF (A) IS MARADMIN 376/20, FISCAL YEAR 2021 (FY21) SELECTIVE RETENTION BONUS (SRB) PROGRAM AND FY20 BROKEN SERVICE SRB (BSSRB) PROGRAM. REF (B) IS TFRS MESSAGE A66066, FY21 FTAP AND STAP ENLISTED RETENTION GUIDELINES. REF (C) IS MCO 7220.24P, SELECTIVE REENLISTMENT BONUS PROGRAM. REF (D) IS MCO 1130.80B, PRIOR SERVICE AND RESERVE AUGMENTATION ENLISTMENTS INTO THE REGULAR MARINE CORPS. REF (E) IS DODI 1304.31, ENLISTED BONUS PROGRAM.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS./1. Purpose. This bulletin announces a change to reference (A), the SRB program and the BSSRB program authorized for FY21.
2. Background. The FY 21 SRB plan will change to meet the requirements of the FY21 retention campaign. Other than the changes outlined in paragraphs 3, all authorities directed in reference (A) remain in effect. References (C) through (E) contain amplifying information regarding the SRB program.
3.a. FMF Squad Leader Kickers. Paragraphs 3.b.5.a. and 3.b.5.b. of Reference (A) currently list 24 eligible MCCs for either the 24 or 36 month FMF Squad Leader Kicker programs. In addition to the 24 MCCs already listed, the following MCCs are now included in the eligible list for the FMF Squad Leader Kicker Programs: 1GR, 1GS, and 1GT.
3.b. Marines currently holding the 1812, 1869, and 2146 PMOSs who volunteer for lateral move and reenlistment to a new PMOS are eligible for the new PMOS SRB amount upon approval from MMEA. For Example: A Marine Corporal with PMOS 1812 in Zone A volunteers and is approved for lateral move in conjunction with a 48 month reenlistment to the 0311 PMOS. Upon gaining the 0311 PMOS, this Marine Corporal is eligible for a $10,000 SRB reenlistment bonus.
3.b.1. Marines must reenlist following all reenlistment guidelines detailed in reference (B) to be eligible for an SRB amount.
3.b.2. SRB amount will be prorated based on the reenlistment length as outlined in paragraph 3.i. of reference (A). Example: A Marine Corporal with PMOS 1812 in Zone A volunteers and is approved for lateral move in conjunction with a 36 month reenlistment to the 0311 PMOS. Upon gaining the 0311 PMOS, this Marine Corporal is eligible for a $7,500 SRB reenlistment bonus. ($10,000 x (36 month/48 months) = $7,500)
3.b.3. All PMOSs not listed in paragraph 3.b. of this MARADMIN will continue following previously published reenlistment and SRB guidelines detailed in references (A), (B), (C), (D), and (E).
4. Coordinating Instructions. The FY21 SRB program statement of understanding (SOU) is available for download from the total force retention system (TFRS) and the enlisted retention manpower page.
5. If SRB funds are obligated faster than currently planned or a change in retention requirements is necessary, HQMC will suspend or terminate the FY21 SRB program as needed prior to 30 Sep 2021.
6. This bulletin is not applicable to the Marine Corps reserve.
7. This bulletin cancels on 30 Sep 2021.
8. Release authorized by LtGen D. A. Ottignon, Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//