R 032000Z SEP 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2021 BILLET VACANCIES FOR RESERVE COMPONENT SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATE//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1001R.1L/YMD: 20180315//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/RAP/YMD: 20191010//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1001R.1L CH 1, MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REFERENCE B IS THE SELECTED RESERVE BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) ASSIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT POLICY.//
POC/D. T. ORSI JR/SGTMAJ/CMC MRA/RA/TEL/COMM 703-784-9100/DSN 278-9100/EMAIL: DAVID.T.ORSI@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following are billet vacancies for Reserve Component Sergeants Major Slate and are to be read in three columns:
Command Location No Later Than Date
HQTRS BTRY, 14th MAR REGT NAS JRB Ft Worth, TX July 2021
3D CIV AFF GROUP Great Lakes, IL July 2021
HQTRS, MAG-41 NAS JRB Ft Worth, TX July 2021
HQTRS, MAG-49 McGuire AFB, NJ July 2021
NECC Norfolk, VA July 2021
Sergeants Major (SgtsMaj) must meet the following criteria:
a. All SgtsMaj selected on the Fiscal Year 2018 (FY18) promotion board or earlier are expected to submit for the O6 level slate.
b. Must have at least 24 months of available service to obligate upon the assignment date in order to serve in the billet before a mandatory retirement date and not exceed the Enlisted Career Force Controls (ECFC) per present policy.
c. Must meet Height and Weight (HT/WT) standards and have passed a most recent Physical Fitness Test and Combat Fitness Test (PFT/CFT).
d. Must be worldwide deployable.
2. Submission packages must be in Standard Naval Letter (SNL) Format to include: NAVMC 10274 (AA Form), height/weight verification, professional resume, Master Brief Sheet, last three (3) Fitness Reports, Reserve Qualification Summary, and a cover letter addressed to the Director of Reserve Affairs (RA) (Attn: SgtMaj). Each package must be endorsed via the immediate chain of command, to include the first O6 in the chain of command. No Commanding General endorsement is required for this slate.
3. The SgtsMaj selected for the listed billets must be prepared to accept orders NLT the above listed date of assignment. Upon selection, the selectee will make immediate contact with the newly slated unit to establish a formal check in date and conduct a proper turnover. The tour of duty for assignment to the O6 level command SgtMaj billets are for a minimum two (2) years and a maximum of (3) years. If moving from one MSC to another as a result of the slate, both MSC SgtsMaj must be informed as to when the turnover will take place. An Inter-Unit Transfer (IUT) will be submitted via Requirements, Transition, and Manpower Management System (RTAMMS) to HQMC RA.
4. All correspondence as listed in paragraph 2 must arrive at Headquarters Marine Corps RA NLT 5 October 2020. Applicants must sign, scan, and email the entire package to: Reserve_Affairs_SGTMAJ@usmc.mil.
5. Packages will be briefed by their MSC SgtsMaj. Selections will be announced via a MARADMIN following completion of the slate. Questions concerning the slating process should be communicated directly to the RA SgtMaj at (703) 784-9100.
6. Release authorized by Major General H. G. Pratt, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//