R 162145Z SEP 20
MSGID/ CMC DMCS WASHINGTON DC //
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT FOR MODERN DAY MARINE 2020 VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE//
POC/L. P. SIMON/LTCOL/HQMC COMMUNICATION DIRECTORATE/
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the all virtual Modern Day Marine Exposition 2020 taking place from 22-23 September 2020. Registration is open on the following site: www.marinemilitaryexpos.com.
2. Background: The Modern Day Marine Exposition began in 1981 as part of the annual conference of the Marine Corps League to serve the needs of the entire Marine Corps community of interest. In partnership with the Marine Corps Association and Foundation, the league has grown the event into a means to bring the U.S. defense industrial base, private-sector U.S. companies, and key military decision-makers from the Marine Corps together for an annual innovative, educational, and professional event open to the entire force. For the first time, this annual event is available virtually via the web to Marines across the force.
3. Marines are permitted to register for the event and access the event during their normal working hours and as part of their official duties. The exposition website, as well as the websites of participating non-governmental organizations, are authorized and will be accessible via the MCEN. All recorded events will be available to registrants for thirty days following the exposition.
4. The Marine Corps is not responsible for content on the exposition site or any of the sites that may be accessible from the exposition site. Marines are reminded to practice ethical conduct at all times when visiting any websites, especially if accessing from a government workspace or device.
5. Schedule is as follows:
Day 1: (September 22)
0900 Opening ceremony
1000 Report to industry panel
1230 Keynote address
1430 Requirements, experimentation, and acquisition panel
Day 2: (September 23)
0900 CMC remarks
1030 Award ceremony
6. For more information, visit: Marinemilitaryexpos.com/modern-day-marine/home.
7. Release authorized by MajGen G. P. Olson, Staff Director of the Marine Corps.//