R 181510Z SEP 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA//
SUBJ/FY21 COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAM (PHDP) TECHINCIAL (PHDT) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MARADMIN 315/20/YMD: 20200528//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1300.8/YMD: 20140918//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/DODI 1322.10/YMD: 20080429//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 315/20, ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FY21 MARINE CORPS DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY/TECHNICAL PROGRAMS (PHDP). REF B IS MCO 1300.8, THE MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS DOD INSTRUCTION 1322.10, POLICY ON GRADUATE EDUCATION FOR MILITARY OFFICERS.//
POC/M. F. WARD/CAPT/USMC/MCU/CMCSP EMAIL: MATTHEW.WARD@USMCU.EDU//
POC/C. C. WAKEMAN/MAJ/USMC/OAD/PHDP-T/EMAIL: CLIFFORD.WAKEMAN@USMC.MIL//
POC/L. M. GONNELLA/MAJ/USMC/MMOA-3 EMAIL: LEAH.GONNELLA@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the results of the Commandant of the Marine Corps Doctor of Philosophy Program Selection Board.
2. The board met on 8 September 2020 and selected two officers as primaries for the Commandant of the Marine Corps Strategist Program (CMCSP) and two officers as primaries for the Marine Corps Doctor of Philosophy Technical Program (PHDP-T). To accommodate the extremely competitive admissions process at top civilian universities and the Naval Postgraduate School, additional officers were selected as alternates and found to be highly qualified by the board.
3. Primaries selected to participate in the CMCSP are listed below. Primaries are expected to apply to high quality Ph.D. programs.
Name PMOS MCC
Gerbracht, Robert P. 1302 15L
Donlon, Brian J. 0302 V32
4. The alternate selected to participate in the CMCSP is listed below. The following alternate is encouraged to apply to high quality Ph.D. programs in order to have the opportunity to attend in the event a primary selectee cannot attend for any reason.
Name PMOS MCC
Gerbracht, Alexandra V. 1302 J33
5. Primaries selected to participate in the PHDP-T are listed below. Primaries are expected to apply to the specified Ph.D. programs at the Naval Postgraduate School.
Name PMOS MCC Academic Program
Black, Scotty E. 7525 086 Modeling, Virtual
Fischer, John T. 7565 1A5 Computer Science
6. The alternates selected to participate in the PHDP-T are listed below. The following alternates are highly encouraged to apply to the specified Ph.D. program at the Naval Postgraduate School in order to have the opportunity to attend in the event a primary selectee cannot attend for any reason.
Name PMOS MCC Academic Program
Payne, Nicholas S. 3404 143 Information Sciences
Miller, Matthew T. 6602 063 Operations Research
7. Officers must agree not to tender resignation or request retirement while enrolled in the program. Officers must further agree to remain on active duty after completion of degree requirements or upon separation from the program for any other reason. Service obligations incurred for this program are in accordance with the references.
8. Selected officers for CMCSP will be contacted by Marine Corps University to confirm acceptance of this assignment and to provide assistance with the completion of Ph.D. applications. Selected officers for PHDP-T will be contacted by Deputy Commandant Combat Development and Integration, Operations Analysis Directorate to confirm acceptance of this assignment and to provide assistance with the completion of Ph.D. applications.
9. Officers must contact MMOA-3 via email at SMBMMOAGRADEDU@USMC.MIL and respective program POCs to confirm acceptance of this assignment NLT 6 October 2020. Primary selectees declining acceptance must route their request through the first general officer in their chain of command.
10. Selections are contingent upon acceptance to one of the specified doctoral programs. NLT 30 April 2021, all doctoral program acceptance letters need to be scanned and emailed to MMOA-3. Report dates and orders will be coordinated through MMOA-3.
11. Upon reporting to administrative units, officers will coordinate fitness report and accountability procedures. Officers will always maintain a full time student status. If a student anticipates not meeting program requirements, notify this headquarters immediately.
12. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
13. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//