R 211840Z SEP 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2020 USMC COMMANDER IN CHIEF’S ANNUAL AWARD FOR INSTALLATION EXCELLENCE (CINC IEA) RECIPIENT//
REF/B/-/DOD PRESS RELEASE NR-2321303 OF 21 AUG 2020//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 5200.26B THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF'S ANNUAL AWARD FOR INSTALLATION EXCELLENCE. REF B IS SECRETARY OF DEFENSE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 2020 RECIPIENTS OF THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF'S ANNUAL AWARD FOR INSTALLATION EXCELLENCE. REF C IS SECNAVINST 1650.1J, THE NAVY AND MARINE CORPS AWARD MANUAL.//
POC/H. PAIGECAVE/CIV/MCICOM G1/-/571-256-7093//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. As established in reference (a), subject award recognizes demonstrated excellence in total installation management throughout the Department of Defense. A single award is presented to an installation within each military service and the Defense Logistics Agency.
2. Per reference (b), it is with great pleasure that I congratulate the Marines, Sailors and Civilian Marines of Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) Twentynine Palms, California as the Marine Corps’ winner of the Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19) Commander in Chief's Annual Award for Installation Excellence (CINC IEA).
3. MCAGCC Twentynine Palms was selected based on its overall demonstrated commitment to excellence in installation management, award-winning accomplishments, stewardship, public safety, energy management, family support, and superb quality of life programs. The Marines, Sailors, Civilian Marines, and families who work and live there clearly understand the unique nature of this installation. MCAGCC Twentynine Palms’ command and staff should be proud of the extraordinary service they provided to the warfighters and their continual embrace of the challenges to meet future requirements to enable Fleet Marine Force readiness.
4. Congratulations are also extended to the first runner-up: Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Lejeune, North Carolina for its commitment to installation excellence.
5. In these times of constrained resources and manpower, I wish to acknowledge and highlight the outstanding programs at all Marine Corps installations that competed for this award.
6. The winning installation will receive:
(a) An inscribed installation excellence trophy for permanent retention.
(b) An installation excellence flag.
(c) A congratulatory letter signed by the President of the United States.
(d) An Operations and Maintenance, Marine Corps (O and M, MC) monetary incentive bonus authorized by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC), in accordance with reference (a). The recipient shall submit its proposed incentive bonus spending plan within 30 days following the date of this MARADMIN via naval message to CMC (LF) and copy MCICOM (G1). The recipient shall ensure compliance with all funding thresholds and ensure that all expenditures are in full compliance with fiscal requirements for the proper use of funds. The spending plan is required to allow funding coordination with the appropriate program sponsors.
(e) Special recognition certificates will be delivered, signed by the Secretary of Defense recognizing units/individuals making key, significant contributions to the winning installations achievement in excellence.
(f) The winning installation may submit via iAPS, a recommendation for the Meritorious Unit Commendation (MUC). This recommendation must be routed through MCICOM for endorsement. The MUC recommendation will follow the same evaluation process as contained in reference (c).
7. Request widest dissemination.
8. Semper Fidelis.
9. Release authorized by LtGen Charles G. Chiarotti, Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics.//