R 222005Z SEP 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS AVIATION INCENTIVE PAY PROGRAM AND PENDING FY21 CHANGES//
NARR/REFERENCE (REF) A IS SECRETARY OF DEFENSE INSTRUCTION 7730.67, AVIATION INCENTIVE PAYS AND BONUS PROGRAM. REF B IS SECRETARY OF THE NAVY INSTRUCTION 7220.88, AVIATION INCENTIVE PAYS AND BONUS PROGRAM. REF C IS MARADMIN 128/18 CHANGES TO AVIATION INCENTIVE PAY PROGRAM. REF D IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1000.6 ASSIGNMENTS, CLASSIFICATION, AND TRAVEL SYSTEM MANUAL//
POC/C. SMALLWOOD/MAJ/CMC MPP-30/-/TEL: 703-784-9366//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Aviation Incentive Pay (AvIP) is a pay for the frequent and regular performance of operational or proficiency flying duty authorized per ref (a) and (b) and intended to attract and retain officers in a military aviation career.
2. Per ref (a) and (b), awarding Aviation Career Incentive Pay as an entitlement pay was discontinued on 1 Oct 2017 and replaced by AvIP which is an incentive pay and may be given to officers with aeronautical designations at the discretion of the Marine Corps.
3. Per ref (b), on 1 Oct 2021 receipt of continuous AvIP while serving in Duties Involving Flying - Denied (DIFDEN) requires meeting the flight gate criteria in ref (b) and serving in the following billets:
3.a. Positions on the Joint Duty Assignment List;
3.b. Resident professional military education or a fully-funded graduate education program authorized by the Marine Corps (e.g., Command and Staff College or Naval Postgraduate School);
3.c. Aviation-specific positions that must be filled by officers with aeronautical ratings (e.g., 75XX or 8042 billets);
3.d. Any billet not covered in paragraph 3.a through 3.c for a period not to exceed 48 consecutive months. After this time, an aviator or NFO must be assigned Duties Involving Flying - Operational (DIFOP) orders or a position per paragraphs 3.a through 3.c to receive AvIP payments.
4. The new continuous AvIP eligibility requirements necessitate updates to Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) to continuously pay AvIP to officers who met their flight gates and are serving in assignments identified in 3.a through 3.c. Additionally, a DIFDEN-2 category will be created to track officers within the assignments covered in paragraph 3.d.
5. MCTFS will track the officers in paragraph 3.a through 3.d by the following:
5.a. Officers in assignments per paragraph 3.a will be tracked using the Monitored Command Code (MCC) based on the annual Joint Duty Assignment List.
5.b. Officers in assignments per paragraph 3.b will be tracked based on Program Element (PEN) Codes 0804751M and 0804752M. Officers can track their PEN codes via the Service Information section of the Basic Individual Record (BIR) tab in Marine Online (MOL).
5.c. Officers in assignments per paragraph 3.c will be tracked based on Billet Military Occupational Specialties (BMOS) 0953, 0954,0956, 75XX, 8042, and 8059. Officers can track their BMOS via the Service Information section of the BIR tab in MOL.
5.d. Officers in assignments per paragraph 3.d will be tracked by not being assigned to billets list in 3.a through 3.c. Officers can track their DIFDEN-2 time via the AVIP tab in MOL starting 1 Oct 2021. Officers serving in DIFDEN-2 billets who subsequently move to a DIFOP billet or a DIFDEN billet listed in 3.a through 3.d will have their DIFDEN-2 time stopped and reset to zero upon execution of orders to a DIFOP assignment or an assignment listed in 3.a through 3.c.
6. On 1 Oct 2021, individuals in DIFDEN-2 billets will have their DIFDEN-2 clock adjusted based on their Date Joined Present Unit. For example, if an individual assigned to a DIFDEN-2 billet has a Date Joined Present Unit of 1 Oct 2019, their DIFDEN-2 clock will be 24 months on 1 Oct 2021.
7. The AvIP flight gate requirements and waivers remain unchanged and in accordance with ref (b).
8. Monthly AvIP rates remain unchanged and in accordance with ref (c).
9. Other authorities regarding AvIP such as definition of Aeronautically Designated Personnel (ADP), Suspension of Flying Status, and Termination of Assignment to Duty Status for ADP remain unchanged and in accordance with ref (d).
10. This MARADMIN is applicable to both the Active and Reserve Components.
11. Release authorized by LtGen D. A. Ottignon, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//