R 231330Z SEP 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2021 (FY21) RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD RESULTS//
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA/171919ZAPR20//
REF/C/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA/261748ZAPR19//
REF/D/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA/071727ZJUN19//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1300R.65D, RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING PROGRAM. REFERENCE B IS MARADMIN 242/20, CONVENING OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2021 (FY21) RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD (RCSB) AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD (RSLB). REFERENCE C IS MARADMIN 265/20, INTERIM CHANGE TO MCO 1300R.65D RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING PROGRAM (RCSP). REFERENCE D IS MARADMIN 266/20, INTERIM GUIDANCE FOR PHOTOGRAPHS ON UPCOMING RESERVE AFFAIRS BOARDS//
POC/N. R. ALEN/MAJ/RAM-3/TEL: 703-784-1275/EMAIL: RCSB@USMC.MIL//
POC/B. FORD/CIV/RAM-3/TEL: 703-432-9410/EMAIL: RCSB@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. On 17 August 2020, the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and the Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (DC MRA) convened the FY21 RCSB and RSLB. The purpose of command screening is to ensure that Marines receive the best possible leadership and to provide all eligible officers with a fair and equitable opportunity to command. Billets considered will normally become available during the period of 1 October 2020 to 1 September 2021.
2. The board selected 31 officers for command and 12 officers for senior leader billets as primaries. To accommodate the assignment process and the availability of individual officers, 48 officers were selected as alternates and found eligible for command. The alternate list provides an adequate number of officers to meet the command requirements should a primary selectee decline command or otherwise be unable to take command.
3. CMC has approved the following Reserve Lieutenant Colonel Command Slate.
Names MOS Command
Abrams, Michael P. 0802 CO, 3rd Bn, 14th Marines
Anderson, Shawn E. 7567 CO, HMLA-775
Bartlett, Newel R. 7532 CO, VMM-764
Berentson, Michael D. 0302 CO, 3rd Bn, 25th Marines
Bradstreet, Joshua F. 7565 CO, VMU-4
Chase, Christopher 3002 CO, MWSS-473
Dillon, Sean P. 7563 CO, VMR Det Belle Chasse
Dirico, Justin T. 1302 CO, 6th ESB
Ellis, Jason M. 7557 Site Crd, MCAS Miramar
Graham III, James E. 0302 I&I, 3rd CAG
Johansen, Catherine N. 0402 CO, MWSS-472
Johnson, Samuel A. 0802 CO, 2d Bn, 14th Marines
Larson III, Charles C. 0802 I&I, 4th CAG
Lasseter, David F. 0202 CO, Intel Support Bn
Ledford, Jennifer K. 7202 CO, MACS-24
Littleton III, Bryan L. 7557 CO, VMGR-234
Lynch, Adam D. 1802 CO, 4th ANGLICO
Maloney, Christopher A. 7557 CO, MALS-41
McCoy, Cameron D. 0302 CO, 3rd Bn, 23d Marines
Moore, Jeremy D. 0302 CO, 3rd Force Recon Bn
Oliver, Derek J. 7556 CO, MALS-49
Pezzat, Sarah B. 0402 I&I, 4th Medical Bn
Ponzo, Daniel J. 1302 CO, 4th CEB
Rodriguez, Eric R. 7566 CO, HMH-772
Schulz, Mark T. 7202 CO, MTACS-48
Simpson, Joshua B. 3404 I&I, TAA Co-B
Zumwalt, Joseph S. 5803 CO, Law Enforcement Bn
4. CMC has approved the following Reserve Colonel Command Slate.
Names MOS Command
Bracewell, Michael J. 8041 CO, MCAC-B
Cox, David C. 8041 CO, 4th CAG
Means, Garrett E. 8041 CO, RSU
Morrison, David S. 8041 CO, 3rd CAG
5. DC MRA has approved the following Senior Leader Assignments.
Names MOS Command
Amidon, Matthew F. 8042 Asst Wing Cdr, 4th MAW
Delgado, Francisco P. 8041 OIC, CMT
Jackson, Valerie A. 8041 Vice CoS, MFR
Jarl, Daniel R. 8042 SRA, MAG-41
Katz, Joseph A. 8040 SRA, CLR-4
Lecker, Kara L. 8040 RC, RSP-3
Meglathery, Ross A. 8041 RC, RSP-4
Milstein, Seth M. 8041 OIC, NECC
Pate, Brian C. 8041 Dep Cdr, MCCYWG
Rosales Jr, Guillermo 8041 SRA, 25th Marines
Schaffer, Sarah T. 4402 Dep Dir, Res Legal Spt
6. Coordinating Instructions. Acceptance, declination, and deferral. Primaries will receive a letter from CMC (RA) directing them to accept, decline, or request deferral of assignment in writing to CMC (RA) within 30 days of receipt of letter. Officers failing to respond within 30 days of receipt of their letter will be considered to have declined the slated billet. CMC (RA) will notify Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, of all declinations of command or senior leader billets.
7. The list of alternates will not be published via MARADMIN. The alternate list by EDIPI can be found by accessing https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil. Under “Top Requests,” select “Reserve Officer Command Screening.” On the right side of the screen, under “Documents,” select “FY21 RCSB Alternate List.” The list is only valid until the next RCSB/RSLB.
8. Officers slated to command will schedule their attendance to the Commandant’s Combined Commandership Program (Cornerstone) prior to, or shortly after, assuming command. The program consists of two courses conducted concurrently: a ten day commanders course and a 5 day spouses workshop. These courses are conducted semiannually. The courses will be conducted aboard MCB Quantico. Officers slated in paragraphs 3 and 4 must schedule attendance at Cornerstone. Officers slated in paragraph 5 are eligible, but not required to attend Cornerstone. Registration is on a first come first served basis. Further info is available from MCU online at: http:(slash)(slash)www.mcu.usmc.mil. POC for the Commanders Course is Dr. David Walker at (703) 784-6850 or email: email@example.com.
9. Upon assumption of command or senior leader billet, individual units will notify CMC (RA) via email on standard naval letterhead with the officer’s name and date they assumed the billet. Email: RCSB@usmc.mil.
10. All officers slated for command and senior leader billets, including all alternates, will receive a letter from CMC (RA) notifying them of selection. This letter will also be included in their Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).
11. Release authorized by Major General H. G. Pratt, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//