R 232045Z SEP 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2020 VIRTUAL WOMEN OF COLOR/SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, AND MATH CONFERENCE//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/(MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
OR M. F. RUIZ/SGT/(MPE)/-/ TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARTINA.CATTANEO@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 2020 Women of Color (WOC) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Conference is hosted by the Career Communication Group (CCG). This year’s theme is “Reset to Rise: The world is counting on us.” CCG will be bringing their professional development and networking opportunities to Marines in a virtual setting. The conference will be held 4-10 October 2020 through a webinar series. Subject to conference approval, HQMC M&RA Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor a limited number of conference registration fees.
2. The Women of Color STEM Conference is a seven-day multicultural event for women in STEM. The conference encourages all women to improve their education and careers in STEM fields. Participants learn from the top minds in the industry and collaborate with their peers. This conference creates an informal, trusted community that provides support specifically to women in STEM careers. CCG is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on the Women of Color STEM website at https:(slash)(slash)intouch.ccgmag.com.
3. Commanders may authorize Permissive Temporary Additional Duty for Marines and Sailors attached to their unit to allow virtual participation in an environment without distractions. Commanders/Supervisors may also approve civilian Marine participation in an environment without distractions. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through the MPE Branch. Reservations will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. To participate in this event, please email your name, rank, unit, email, and duty station to Mr. Marc Sheppard at email@example.com and Sergeant Martina Ruiz at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Officer-in-Charge in your email.
4. Uniform for this event is Service “C”.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by BGen J. G. Woodworth, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy.//