R 241930Z SEP 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/2020 MARINE CORPS EXCEPTIONAL SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE VICTIM ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD//
POC/L.REED/UNIT: MFB/-/TEL: 703-784-9049/EMAIL: LINDSAY.REED@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To seek nominations for the 3rd Annual Marine Corps Exceptional Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Victim Advocate (VA) of the Year Award.
2. Commanders and Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARC) are encouraged to nominate a SAPR VA whose achievements are exceptional and demonstrate outstanding support of people who experienced sexual assault and the overall SAPR Program beyond the regular duties of a SAPR VA. The 2020 Exceptional VA of the Year Award competitive period is the 12-month period beginning 1 October 2019 and ending 30 September 2020.
3. There are two award categories:
3.A. Exceptional Military SAPR VA of the Year
3.B. Exceptional Civilian SAPR VA of the Year
4. Nominee must meet the following eligibility requirements:
4.A. Must be in good standing
4.B. Has a current appointment letter
4.C. Has a USMC 40-hour SAPR VA certificate or Victim Advocate Training Online certificate and Memorandum for the Record
4.D. Current Department of Defense Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program certification.
4.E. If a nominee changes duty stations or transfers during the award timeframe, the overall component or organization headquarters can still consider that nominee for the award.
5. Nomination packet must include the following:
5.A. Narrative of the nominee’s exceptional work, which should be no longer than two single-spaced pages, 8.5 in. x 11 in. pages, 1in. margin, 12-point font. The narrative should include the submitter’s title, affiliation, and email and mailing addresses. The narrative should address:
5.A.1. How the nominee’s efforts helped people who were sexually assaulted.
5.A.2. How the nominee’s efforts improved the SAPR program.
5.A.3. How the nominee’s efforts enhanced the Marine Corps mission.
5.A.4. How the nominee demonstrated leadership as a SAPR VA.
5.B. Nominee’s full name, email address, and a digital copy (jpeg format) of the official SAPR VA photograph.
5.C. Submitter’s rank, title, and email address.
5.D. Endorsement by the first general officer in the chain of command. Endorsement above the first general officer is not required.
6. Nominations are due to HQMC SAPR by Friday, 2 October 2020. Email submissions and questions to the above-mentioned point of contact.
7. Additional award guidance is available at https:(slash)(slash)hqmcportal.hqi.usmc.mil/sites/family/mfb/SitePages/Home.aspx or by contacting your local SARC.
8. This MARADMIN is cancelled 31 December 2020.
9. Release authorized by LtGen David. A. Ottignon, Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//