R 291604Z SEP 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO PS//
SUBJ/UPDATE TO INTERIM MARINE CORPS INSTALLATION SITE ACCESS CONTROL PROCEDURES DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC//
REF/C/DOC/DODM 5200.08, VOL 3/02 JAN 2019//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MARADMIN 262/20, INTERIM MARINE CORPS INSTALLATION/SITE ACCESS CONTROL PROCEDURES DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. REFERENCE B IS MARADMIN 542/20 REVISED GUIDANCE FOR REPLACING EXPIRING COMMON ACCESS CARDS AND UNIFORMED SERVICES IDENTIFICATION CARD. REFERENCE C IS THE DOD MANUAL PHYSICAL SECURITY PROGRAM: ACCESS TO DOD INSTALLATIONS//
POC/MR. TONY PIERCE/CIV/UNIT: PPO PS/EMAIL: CHARLES.A.PIERCE1@USMC.MIL/TEL: (703)695-7202/TELEWORK NUMBER (571)289-9317//
POC/MICHAEL TOOPS/SSGT/UNIT: PPO PS/EMAIL: MICHAEL.TOOPS@USMC.MIL/TEL: (703)692-4272//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides an update to reference (a).
2. Background. Reference (a) identified interim installation/site access control procedures during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Reference (b) identified updated/revised guidance for Marine Corps personnel in possession of a Common Access Card (CAC) expiring on or before 30 September 2020.
3. Mission. On 1 October 2020, Marine Corps installation/site commanders will continue to enforce Service access control policies and procedures in order to ensure all persons granted access to Marine Corps installations/sites are compliant with federal law and DoD regulations.
3.A. On 1 October 2020, Marine Corps installations/sites may not accept an expired DoD CAC as an approved credential for access.
3.B. Expired CACs will be confiscated by Marine Corps law enforcement (LE) personnel.
3.C. Persons presenting an expired CAC must relinquish custody of the CAC. 3.D. Marine Corps LE personnel will then direct persons requiring access to the Visitor Control Center to obtain a paper pass for the purpose of installation/site access.
3.E. Marine Corps LE personnel shall turn in all confiscated CACs to the installation/site Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) Office.
4. Execution. Commanders, officers-in-charge, and supervisors are encouraged to identify those persons whose CAC will expire on or before 30 September 2020 and coordinate with RAPIDS Offices to schedule appointments for affected personnel.
5. Administration and Logistics. The remaining requirements of reference (a) remain in effect.
5.A. Uniformed Service Identification (USID) cards are not affected and remain valid until 30 June 2021, in accordance with reference (b).
5.B. This MARADMIN applies to DoD CACs only and does not apply to any other federal Personal Identity Verification-Interoperable (PIV-I) credentials.
5.C. This MARADMIN has been coordinated with personnel representing the Deputy Commandant for Information, Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics, Commander, Marine Forces Reserves, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, and the Judge Advocate Division.
5.D. Direct questions regarding this MARADMIN to the message points of contact.
6. Command and Control. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Total Force.
7. Release authorized by SES Randy R. Smith, Assistant Deputy Commandant, Plans, Policies and Operations (Security).//